Farming inis a very important part of the game. You’ll need to grow crops and harvest them either to complete specific quests or Dreamlight tasks, sell them to make Star Coins, give gifts to friends around the Village, or consume for Energy. With so many reasons to farm, you’re going to want to be efficient with your time and that means knowing how long crops take to grow as well as how to successfully farm them in the best way possible.
Before we get into our crop growing top tips, we’ll take a look at all the growth times of every crop in Disney Dreamlight Valley from vegetables to fruit to grains to crafting material. Note that Disney Dreamlight Valley plays out in real-time. So, if for example, you’re going to plant yourself some Eggplants, you’ll need to physically wait three hours for those to be harvestable.
What are the Disney Dreamlight Valley Crop Growth Times?
- Asparagus: 2 hours 15 minutes (Frosted Heights)
- Bell Pepper: 15 minutes (Forest of Valor)
- Carrot: 15 minutes (Peaceful Meadow)
- Chili Pepper: 45 minutes (Sunlit Plateau)
- Cucumber: 1 hour 15 minutes (Frosted Heights)
- Eggplant: 3 hours (Frosted Heights)
- Leek: 2 hours (Forgotten Lands)
- Lettuce: 3 minutes (Peaceful Meadow)
- Okra: 2 hours (Glade of Trust)
- Onion: 1 hour 15 minutes (Forest of Valor)
- Potato: 35 minutes (Forgotten Lands)
- Pumpkin: 4 hours (Forgotten Lands)
- Spinach: 1 hour (Glade of Trust)
- Tomato: 25 minutes (Dazzle Beach)
- Zucchini: 40 minutes (Sunlit Plateau)
- Apple: 20 minutes (Forgotten Lands, Plaza)
- Banana: 23 minutes (Dazzle Beach, Peaceful Meadow)
- Blueberry: 23 minutes (Dazzle Beach, Forest of Valor)
- Cherry: 33 minutes (Frosted Heights, Sunlit Plateau)
- Cocoa Bean: 30 minutes (Glade of Trust, Sunlit Plateau)
- Coconut: 33 minutes (Dazzle Beach)
- Gooseberry: 40 minutes (Forgotten Lands, Frosted Heights)
- Lemon: 27 minutes (Forest of Valor, Glade of Trust)
- Raspberry: 17 minutes (Peaceful Meadow, Plaza)
- Canola: 35 minutes (Forest of Valor)
- Corn: 12 minutes (Dazzle Beach)
- Rice: 50 minutes (Glade of Trust)
- Soya: 1 hour 30 minutes (Sunlit Plateau)
- Sugarcane: 7 minutes (Dazzle Beach)
- Wheat: 1 minute (Peaceful Meadow)
- Cotton: 25 minutes (Sunlit Plateau)
Disney Dreamlight Valley Crop Growing Top Tips
Whilst knowing the growth time of your crops is important, there’s a few essential things you need to know to make sure you’re getting the most out of your farming experience. That’s why we’ve put together a list of top tips.
- Plant your crops where they are found/bought
- Upgrade Goofy’s Stall
- Plant in batches
- Take advantage of the hangout bonus
- Keep your energy levels up
- Cook your crops up into a meal
Using our list above, you can see where each crop can be found or bought from Goofy’s Stall. The growth time will increase if you plant your seeds elsewhere than the biome they’re found in, so make sure you stay there.
In each biome, you can unlock Goofy’s Stall for a set price of Star Coins paid to Scrooge McDuck. Each stall comes with upgrades and each time you upgrade, you’ll unlock more crops and seeds. If Goofy’s Stall isn’t selling a certain crop, you may have to return the next day as they refresh each day.
If you’re going to wait a certain amount of time for your crop to grow, you may as well plant a batch of them to make it worthwhile. This will help with your monetary gain, but will also be a crop you can come back to when you need it for quests or recipes later on.
When you make friends in your Village, you can assign them a task that they can help you with. If they’re assigned Farming or Digging, you’ll want to make sure you’re hanging out with them when you complete your farming. This means that they’ll find more items when digging up those soil patches for planting or they’ll find more crops when you’re harvesting. You can also partner up with any of your villagers to increase your friendship level when doing any of these tasks around the game.
Carry around great Energy foods to consume whilst you’re busy farming or make sure to pop back to your home for an instant refuel. There’s nothing worse than running out of energy whilst you’re digging, planting, watering, and harvesting.
You’ll often find that crops can be sold for extra profit and to provide extra energy when cooked into a meal. Make sure to check out your recipes to see what meals will provide you with the best return for all your farming efforts.
Finally, we’ve put together some of the best crops depending on what you’re after from quick turnarounds, playing the long game, or stocking up on energy.
Best crops with fast growth:
- Potatoes: sell for 126 Star Coins
- Tomatoes: sell for 22 Star Coins
- Canola: sell for 109 Star Coins
Best crops with slower growth:
- Pumpkin: sell for 664 Star Coins
- Eggplant: sell for 308 Star Coins
- Leek: sell for 309 Star Coins
Best crops for energy:
- Gooseberry: provide 600 Energy
- Cherry: provide 500 Energy
- Coconut: provide 500 Energy
All fruits are generally great for Energy but not for Star Coins, so we’d recommend using them for this or cooking them into a meal rather than growing these crops in bulk just to sell. That’s it for our Disney Dreamlight Valley Crop Growth guide. Be sure to check out more of our game content on the site.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.