Elite Dangerous players have been eagerly awaiting the update and it's finally here. You can stop asking for the release date because it's now been confirmed. The Fleet Carriers Update is set to exit hyperspace today, June 9th and you can join in the fun for a mere... 5 billion in-game credits.
The mega ships being introduced have a huge 500-light-year jump range and provide a mobile base for deep-space exploration and long-range travel. A Fleet Carrier possesses everything you could ever need, offering a range of on-board services, capabilities, and customisation.
Elite Dangerous Patch Notes - Fleet Carriers
- Deep Space Exploration - Fleet Carriers run on the newly discovered Tritium allowing for massive jumps
- A new source of income - Include their own bank and you can set fees for other players to use your services
- Your own personal shipyard - Each carrier includes space for 8 large, 4 medium, and 4 small ships
- Control Landing Clearance - Crew, squadron, friends, randoms, criminals; the choice of who can dock is yours
- Upgrade with a range of services - Add Cartographics and Outfitting, a Redemption Officer and even a fence
- Keep your carrier jump ready - Employ a trusty crew to run the day to day needs, but this costs upkeep
The patch also includes several pages of bug fixes alongside minor balance changes and you can read the complete list over on their. Elite Dangerous is available on for £19.99.