Fallout 76 plays host to many creatures, some more mutated than others, but Cryptids particularly stand out thanks to their features and how dangerous they can be.
Finding Fallout 76 Cryptid spawn locations can, however, be quite tricky as these aren't foes you'll spot as easily as you do your everyday Scorched. To make your search for Fallout 76 Cryptid spawn locations easier, here are several spots worth chasing when you really need or want to find these creatures.
Fallout 76 Cryptid Spawn Locations
Fallout 76's Appalachia is home to a few different Cryptids, and, as you can probably tell, they're not always fond of sharing spawn locations.
Fallout 76's Flatwoods Monster is fairly easy to spot from a distance thanks to its slender, alien shape, purple glow and equipped jetpack, which it uses to fly around. They're known to spawn at the following locations:
- Close to Johnson's Acre in the Savage Divide region
- On the other side of the river near Dyer Chemical in the Mire region
- Forest found to the west of Wilson Brother's Auto Repair in Appalachia's the Forest region
You can also encounter them alongside the Mothman, and at these other locations.
A semi-pale pile of hulking flesh that looks as if it's always bound to crush something under its massive weight, the clue to one Grafton Monster spawn location is in its name. That being said, there are multiple other spots where you can also encounter it:
- Grafton (Toxic Valley region), during the Grafton Day event
- Whitespring Resort garden
- Charleston, in the Forest region, near the trainyard and the dam
- Random roads in the Mire region
- Final boss of the Primal Cuts event
A man-sized moth with large eyes and wings that aid it in fleeing from fights, the Mothman has a museum dedicated to it. Here are a couple of its spawn locations:
- Queen of the Hunt quest spawns a vengeful variant
- Landview Lighthouse in the Forest region, after completing The Path to Enlightenment event
- Focus of the Wise Mothman random encounter
- Can randomly attack the player's C.A.M.P
Although large and wooly, the Sheepsquatch's large horns, quills and general tendency to skewer players doesn't make it the best choice for a pet. Its large health pool means you'll likely want to make sure you're properly equipped when dropping by spawn locations like:
- The edge of a cliff southwest of Vault 96 in the Savage Divide region
- Up to two can make up a boss fight during the Free Range event
- Creekside sundew grove in the Cranberry Bog region
Additionally, Fallout 76's Sheepsquatch can be found at these other spawn locations.
The nasty result of FEV experiments, the Snallygaster is a small cryptid that lacks a face and uses its long acid-covered tongue to fight. You can find it at the following locations:
- Federal disposal field HZ-21 in the Savage Divide region
- Pylon V-13 in the Cranberry Bog region
- Toxic Larry's Meat 'n Go in the Savage Divide region
- Kiddie Corner cabins in the Toxic Valley region
You'll know you're facing one of Fallout 76's Wendigos when you're going up against a hunched, withered humanoid creature with long hands, large claws and ashy skin. You'll also know one of them is aware of your presence by their very distinct breathing. Here's where you can find them:
- Wendigo cave in the Savage Divide region
- Willard Corporate Housing in the Toxic Valley region
- Mountainside Bed & Breakfast in the Savage Divide region
- Road south of Abbie's bunker, near a truck held up by vines
- Drop site C2 in the Cranberry Bog region
- At the end One Violent Night event (Nightstalker - special legendary Wendigo)
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.