Fallout 76: Wastelanders has locked down its release date. The next expansion for Bethesda's multiplayer-focused RPG is set to launch on April 7 and is coming to the PC, Xbox One and PS4.
The release of its Wastelanders expansion will also see Fallout 76 heading to Steam, after a year and a half of Bethesda Launcher exclusivity.
Fallout 76 Wastelanders Release Date and Steam Launch
Fallout 76: Wastelanders will be available for free for all owners of the base game. The expansion will introduce a brand new main questline, new locations, enemies, weapons, a new reputation system and more.
Players will also be able to purchase the following two paid Faction-themed bundles of cosmetic items:
Raider Content Bundle
- Mine Car Planter – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Raider C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Raider edge
- Raider Stash Box – Raider-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Raider Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Crater
- Raider Pathfinder Outfit – Look like another resident of Crater with this outfit (includes mask and bandana)
- Raider Conquest Loot Bag – Raider-style Loot bag, complete with skull
- Raider Pillager Backpack – A Raider-style backpack
- Raider Marauder Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance for your Power Armor based on the Crater Raiders
Settler Content Bundle
- Garden Truckbed Trailer – A small planter for your crops when no dirt is available (buildable in your C.A.M.P.)
- Settler C.A.M.P. – Change the look of your Vault-Tec C.A.M.P. deployable to give it a Settler appearance
- Settler Stash Box – Settler-themed Stash box for your C.A.M.P.
- Settler Faction Flag – New flag for your C.A.M.P. that show off your allegiance to Foundation
- Settler Mechanic Outfit – Look like another resident of Foundation with this outfit (includes hat)
- Settler Traveler Loot Bag – Settler-style Loot bag that looks like a travel case
- Settler Relief Backpack – A Settler-style backpack
- Settler Vigilante Power Armor Skin – Unique appearance based on the Foundation Settlers
Players interested in purchasing both bundles can instead opt for the Raider and Settler Content Bundle.
Following the expansion's launch, new players will get to choose between the Fallout 76: Wastelanders edition of the title, which comes with the main game and all its post-launch updates, and the Fallout 76: Wastelanders Deluxe Edition which also includes the bundles detailed above.
Bethesda will begin to phase out Fallout 76's Tricentennial Edition after the launch of Wastelanders, although the items in it will still be purchasable through a separate pack.
On Steam, players will be able to choose between Fallout 76: Wastelanders and the Deluxe edition, alongside purchasing the Atoms premium currency, Fallout 1st membership, Tricentennial Pack, and the Raider and Settler Content Bundle.
In the announcement post Bethesda stressed that players will not be able to transfer Atoms or Fallout 1st memberships between platforms and that Atom purchases are platform-specific. On the flipside, items purchased through the Atomic Shop will be available on both Steam and the Bethesda Launcher.