Co-op first-person shooter Generation Zero today received its September update, as developer Avalanche Studios expands the number of activities players can tackle. A look at its patch notes reveals the addition of Challenges, a new vanity pack, and a handful of bug fixes targeting various areas of the game.
Challenges are easily the most significant part of Generation Zero's Sepember update. They're a first response to players asking for more "stuff to do", as the developer puts it. Essentially, they provide two trees' worth of activities to complete while out in the world.
Generation Zero September Update Patch Notes
The Resistance trees focuses on fighting back against the machines, rewarding tasks like killing a certain number of the mechanical foes. The Truth tree revolves around completing Generation Zero's story and uncovering what happened to the world.
The September update also introduces titles to Generation Zero. Tied to challenges, they're earned by completing the highest tier of a given challenge. On top of the title, doing so also rewards "special items" and Prestige Points which showcase how many challenges you've completed.
The Blockbuster Vanity Pack is now available for purchase. For the price of 2,99€ or your regional equivalent, you can equip some '80s action movie-inspired costumes for your characters.
Lastly, here's the complete list of bug fixes coming with the Generation Zero September update, as per its patch notes:
- Corrected issue that would cause VO from mission “Enemy of My Enemy” to incorrectly play at game start.
- Corrected issue that could prevent the “out of ammo” sound effect from playing as intended when reaching the end of a magazine.
- Multiple crash causes located and fixed.
- Corrected issue that would prevent the Harvester from entering its “Defensive Mode”.
- Fixed Hunters going into incorrect ready pose when using shoulder-mounted weapon.
- Sniper-rifle equipped Hunters now correctly align their laser targeting to players before firing.
- Explosive Ticks now correctly use their explode attack when attacking sticky-flared enemies.
- Corrected lighting issue at Ibolholmen Church Tower.
- Corrected “invisible doors” at Fårudden Radar Mast.
- Fixed terrain issue at Muskudden Bunker Complex that could prevent players from walking over it.
- We had two safehouses with the same name. Fixed!
- Corrected blurry character hair and front wheel that could occur when riding bikes.
- Corrected issue that could cause stuttering when cancelling ADS whilst standing still.
- Added extra localization for skills menu.
- Special character should now correctly display in the UI.
- Corrected some inconsistencies with ammo name localization.
- Resolved issue that would cause English to revert to Swedish audio settings after restart.
- Corrected so that the icon for the key now shows as intended on “Loud and Clear”
- Clarified mission objective text for “Out Hiking”.
- Added extra Place of Interest (PoI) location for “A Wrench in the Works”.
- Added PoI for “Behind the Curtain”.
- For the Intro Mission corrected issue that could cause Bengt’s Handwritten Note to be invisible.
- Clarified naming of related safehouse for “On the Road”.
- For “Over and Out” the radio mission object now correctly appears in the log.
- The starting mission item now correctly shows in the log for “The Enemy of My Enemy”.
- Corrected placeholder text on “To the Lighthouse” mission item.
- Mission items for “Unbearable Lightness” now correctly have 3D models.
- Fixed an issue that could make the mission “Woodcutter” uncompletable.
- Some ammo types had no 3D model when viewed in loot containers/inventory. Fixed.
Corrected issue that would prevent switching between Main/Side mission tabs if the slider was not at the top position.
- Corrected disorientating “zoom” effect that could occur when changing stance whilst ADSing with a weapon scope.
- Some safehouses previously did not have stash/bike stations. Now all safehouses should be equipped with both.
Generation Zero is out now on PC, Xbox One and PS4.