H1Z1 is now about to enter its third gameplay Season, and with it comes a slew of new content, changes, fixes, and so much stuff that it's hard to keep track of it all. Also, the game is getting rebranded to 'Z1 Battle Royale'.
Z1 Battle Royale Season 3 makes an attempt at revitalising the game, but also bringing back the classic gameplay people experienced in the so-called 'King of the Kill' era, around Preseason 3 in 2016/2017. A tall task, but is it possible to accomplish?
Z1 Battle Royale Season 3 Patch Notes
- rebranded UI, with more coming on the way
- recreated numerous player animations and movement sets
- revamped weapon mechanics
- reworked loot distribution and the game's visual style
- tuned vehicle mechanics
- introduced 'Missions' allowing players to complete quests to get currency
- introduced 'Fragments' for collection
- introduced Daily and Weekly challenges
- revamped Z1's scoring system
- re-introducing the Showdown mode
- fixed bugs and scheduled unfixed ones for fixing
Of course, this is just a rough summary of the entire patch notes, which can be found on the game's Steam blog. Be warned, however, as it does take a fair while to get through them all.
Developers have also pinpointed precisely which issues they wish to resolve with the next update, allowing for players to have a reasonably clear picture of where the development of Z1 will lead next. Even though the game's not quite as popular as the likes of Apex Legends and Fortnite are, it's good to see that it's cut itself a niche after all.