Hearthstone's shop is your go-to place for both packs and new expansions but, if you're playing Blizzard's CCG from multiple devices, you might have run into the Waiting for Authorization error.
Here's everything we know about the Hearthstone Waiting for Authorization error and what it means.
Hearthstone Waiting for Authorization
The Hearthstone Waiting for Authorization error usually occurs in the game's shop, leaving players stuck with the dreaded message and unable to make other purchases.
Blizzard has narrowed down the Waiting for Authorization error to rearing its ugly head when you have a purchase in progress on another device.
With Hearthstone available on both PC and mobile devices, it's easy to forget about a purchase you initiated when getting off the bus. Luckily, Blizzard has outlined steps to fix the issue:
- Log in to Hearthstone on the device you first attempted the transaction
- Log out from Hearthstone again
- Make sure you use the Logout option from the game menu, as just closing the app won't be enough
- For Android devices, use Switch Account, which will log you out
- Restart the device
- Launch Hearthstone
- Remain at the Waiting for Authorization screen until the transaction completes—this can take up to 20 minutes
Following the steps above should clear the Waiting for Authorization message, letting you resume purchases and continue playing.
Hearthstone is now available on PC and mobile.