Horizon Zero Dawn's PC Update 1.06 is now live, its patch notes revealing further graphical improvements, additional fixes for crashes and more.
PC Update 1.06 makes Horizon Zero Dawn's adaptive FPS option no longer result in a lower performance than setting things up manually.
Aloy's walk has also been changed, now heading straight towards the direction in which the camera is facing, rather than doing so at an angle.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC Update 1.06 Patch Notes
Here are all the changes and additions added to Horizon Zero Dawn in PC Update 1.06, as per its full patch notes:
- Fixed a streaming compute shader crash
- Fixed a crash on startup related to file paths with non-ANSI characters
- Fixed an issue where characters would noticeably warp between cuts during a specific cutscene in main quest “The Point of the Spear”
- Fixed an issue where box graphics would flash during the final cinematic of the game
- Fixed an issue in HDR where the UI could get overlapped by a black scene
- Fixed an issue where turning on the Adaptive FPS option gave lower performance results than setting similar results manually
- Aloy forward walking direction – Aloy now walks directly towards the direction the camera is facing when you press forward, rather than at a slight angle
- Executable details – Properties of the executable now also displays the current version
- Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- We're aware of and continue to investigate issues that are not yet solved on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!
Horizon Zero Dawn is now available on PC after initially launching as a PS4 exclusive.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.