Neo Arcadia is a virtual city that pits combatants against each other in their battles to Hack and shoot their way to the Crown. This city exists in the Hyper Scape, a new battle royale from Ubisoft with two ways to play - either outlive your enemies or hold the Crown that spawns near the end of the match to win.
Currently in open beta, the game features a massive metropolis to fight in and abilities that let you leap tall buildings and Hack the system for all sorts power-ups including Mines, Shockwaves, Invisibility, and more. The game also includes Twitch integration that allows viewers to vote for game-changing effects to be applied in game.
July 12th saw Update 0.3 to the beta and a whole series of patch notes to peruse. We've chosen the choicest notes but the full list complete with explanations about the changes are available on their website.
Hyper Scape Open Beta Patch Notes - Update 0.3
- NEW SMG - HARPY - Limited magazine at low fusion level but fast reload speed. Like other automatic weapons it gains ammo capacity with each fusion and extra damage at full fusion.
- WEAPON BALANCE - SALVO - Proximity detonation radius reduced to 0.7R, down from 0.9R.
- NEW HACK - SHOCKWAVE - Ranged AoE shockwave that will propel players in all directions. Does a bit of damage, less than Slam, but is ranged. It also offers a traversal ability if you aim at your feet, you'll be sent flying into the air. Fusion will lower cooldown and full fusion will also add extra damage.
- NEW EVENT - HASTE - Increases all player speed. Stacks with other bonuses. Can only be activated by Twitch viewers.
- EVENT BALANCE - LOW GRAVITY - Low Gravity Game Event duration reduced to 35s, down from 50s.
- NEW GAME MODE - CROWN RUSH SOLO MODE - Free for all Crown Rush mode.
- GAME MODE BALANCE - SHOWDOWN & CROWN - Collapsed Sector damage is now x5 during Showdown. Crown bearer now has a global Hack Cooldown Time increase of +33%.
- BALANCE - WEAPON SWAP - The Weapon Swap hold timer has been reduced to 0.5s, down from 0.8s.
Full patch notes are availableand you can get in on the open beta on .
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or giving us a like on . Thank you.