Following yesterday's launch, developer Paradox Development Studio is already looking towards Imperator: Rome's first patches, and addressing the issues that players are running into. Game Director Johan Andersson took to Steam to outline the topics of the Imperator: Rome Pompey patch notes.
Here's what we can expect the Imperator: Rome Pompey patch notes to cover.
Imperator: Rome Pompey Patch Notes
Prior to dipping into the topics covered by the Imperator: Rome Pompey patch notes, Andersson announced that the smaller patch 1.0.1, called Demetrius, would drop first. Demetrius will bring with it AI improvements, fixes for compatibility issues, game crashes and some multiplayer out-of-syncs, while also containing a handful of performance improvements.
As for the topics covered by the Imperator: Rome Pompey patch notes, they are as follows:
- Balancing of Technology Progress, Mercenaries, Shattered Retreat, Truce Breaking, Assassinations, Governors, War Exhaustion, and Legitimacy.
- Improving the mechanics for Population Growth, Stability, and Barbarians.
- Tweaks to Civil War mechanics, with new power-base mechanics.
- Naval rework, with Naval Combat mechanics and multiple ship types, as well as navigable major rivers.
- Deeper Holding mechanics for characters, where you can give characters holdings and they can purchase new ones as they grow in wealth.
- More character interactions.
- New Piracy mechanics.
- Redesigning of functionality where instead of spending power for an instant result, you now spend power to nudge it towards that result over time.
- Better abilities to play tall, including centralising trade, impacting specific cities, etc.
- Tribes being able to decide what units their retinues should have.
- Dual Ruler mechanics for Roman Republic, and Consorts for Monarchies.
- Government Abilities for all government categories.
- ‘Quality of Life’ features like viewing all characters in a foreign country, new alerts, road building being a continuous action, and more.
- Adding of features from previous PDS games like moving capitals and regnal numbers on monarchs
- Much more modding support.
The developer will also look at fixing major issues that pop up in the time between now and Pompey's arrival. For our thoughts on Paradox Development Studios' latest effort, give our Imperator: Rome review a read.