Publisher Electronic Arts and developer Velan Studios have revealed that Knockout City is getting a limited-time free trial when it launches next week, which will also coincide with the title's newly announced Block Party event.
Knockout City's free trial runs for a whole ten days, between May 21 at 5 AM PDT/1 PM BST and May 30 at 5 AM PDT/1 PM BST, giving players on all platforms access to the entire game with no restrictions. If you're on the fence about purchasing the team-based multiplayer dodgeball game, this should be more than enough time to make up your mind.
The Block Party event runs during the same period of time, introducing a set of Contracts meant to give players a running start for when Season 1 kicks off a few days later. There are essentially in-game challenges rewarding players different items and bonuses upon completion. The following four playlists will also be available at launch: Team KO, Diamond Dash, Party Team KO, and Face-Off.
Anyone who ends up purchasing Knockout City during the Block Party event will get the Block Party Bundle – also available to EA Play or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers –, which comes with the following goodies:
- Epic Outfit: Cyber Spike
- Epic Hairstyle: Locked Horns
- Epic Glasses: LED the Way
- Epic Glider: Mach 1
- Epic Intro Pose: Calling In Reinforcements
- Epic KO Effect: By the Horns
- THREE Player Icons: Bomb Ball, Pixel-Dillo, and Noodles Gone Bad
- 500 Holobux!
Knockout City's Season 1 begins on May 25, introducing its own Contracts and eight new playlists. Here is the Block Party event's full schedule, as detailed on publisher Electronic Arts' website:
- May 20th - The Night Before Knockout City Twitch stream, featuring gameplay content and live chats with the developers
- May 21st - Launch Day! (12 p.m. noon UTC)
- May 22nd - Community Crew Up kicks off with your favorite streamers inviting their communities to help them reach in-game goals to unlock prizes for their audience
- May 23rd - Start rocking custom Crew Logos, Crew Banners, and Player Icons from content creators like JonSandman, Ohmwrecker, H2ODelirious, AyChristine, Gorillaphent, and NorthernLion
- May 24th - Join the Velan Hideout: join our Discord to play rounds of Knockout City with the dev team, chat, and hang out
- May 25th - Season 1 Kickoff: Welcome to Knockout City drops with the new map, new Playlist, League Play, Season Contracts, Weekly Crew Contracts, and more!
- May 26th - Watch as community members take on the current world’s best dodgebrawl players in Round 1 of Dodge the Devs. Can they beat the best? Or will they go home crying to their mammas?
- May 27th - Once wasn’t enough—we’re coming back for Dodge the Devs: Round 2!
- May 28th - Community Tournament Day 1: We’re hosting two tournaments—one for North America, one for Europe. For both, 64 teams will enter, but only one will emerge victorious. Will it be your team?
- May 29th - On the last full day of Block Party, don’t miss Day 2 of the Community Tournament, where we’ll take the top 8 teams in both regions and whittle them down to a single winner. With a $10k prize pool for North America and a $5k prize pool for Europe, this tournament is sure to have nonstop, high-stakes dodgebrawl action.
- May 30th - Block Party ends at 12 p.m. UTC
- June 1st - Week 2 of Crew Contracts, plus the brand-new playlist KO Chaos. Each week of Season 1 brings a new Playlist, new Crew Contracts, and new items in the Brawl Shop!
Knockout City is set to release on PC, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and Nintendo Switch on May 21.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on Twitter, checking out our videos on YouTube, giving us a like on Facebook, and joining us on Discord.