The League of Legends Unexpected Error with Login Session can pop up at the worst of times and, like other login errors, can put a stop to your planned sessions of MOBA mayhem. But is there a fix or a workaround for it?
That's what we're here to answer. Here's everything we know about the League of Legends there was an Unexpected Login Session Error and whether or not there's a way to fix it.
League of Legends Unexpected Error with Login Session
The full text accompanying the League of Legends There Was An Unexpected Error with Login Session reads as follows: "There was an unexpected error with the login session. Please try again.". It's not that helpful, is it? Furthermore, trying to log in repeatedly doesn't seem to do much either.
But there is a solution that's proven to get rid of the League of Legends Unexpected Login Session Error for multiple users. This fix involves the following steps:
- Load up your client as you normally would and log in.
- Notice that there's a small window in which you could close the game before the login error message appears.
- In that brief window, click the X button that normally closes the client. You should get the choices of exiting or signing out.
- Sign out. The client should now restart and logging in should work.
Developer Riot Games has posted the following solution to the League of Legends Unexpected Login Session Error on their support site:
- Press Alt+F4 on the client and click "sign out" not "exit".
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manger and close all instances of RiotClientServices.exe and all instances of LeagueofLegends.exe
- Reopen the League of Legends (or Riot Games!) Client and log in again.
- If you are still experiencing some issues, repeat these steps and also close the program "KillerServiceNetwork.exe" as this program might be prioritizing bandwidth to your online streams and reducing the bandwidth for League of Legends, causing you to disconnect.
Following the above steps should make the unwanted League of Legends Unexpected Login Session Error go away, leaving you to your MOBA shenanigans.
For more help with League of Legends, check out our guide on the login queue is experiencing heavy traffic error.