Planet Zoo's Update 1.1.1 is now live, its patch notes revealing a reduction in habitat welfare size for polar bears, alongside other bug fixes and changes.
Update 1.1.1 also adds the missing arctic tag to eight items, as well as fix a bug that saw staff getting stuff while on staff paths.
Planet Zoo Update 1.1.1 Patch Notes
Here are all the fixes and changes introduced to Planet Zoo in Update 1.1.1, as per its full patch notes:
- Fixed an issue with boxing animals that are jumping.
- Mitigated a number of issues with animals being flagged as escaped when inside a habitat.
- Some issues still exist and we continue to investigate.
- Reduced habitat welfare size for polar bears.
- Thanks for the feedback on the habitat and welfare requirements for the Polar Bears. We will be amending the requirements to 1/2 of their original size. Whilst we strongly believe in the reasons behind the original numbers, we completely understand that some players, in particular our creative builders, would face too many challenges in keeping these amazing animals happy in their zoos. The new numbers will be both more in line with other large animals in Planet Zoo, and in keeping with the overall conservation message of Planet Zoo - whilst also maintaining a gameplay challenge for those who don't want it to feel too easy to run a successful zoo.
In terms of the original numbers, we did a lot of research into Polar Bear habitats - they are majestic animals that require a wide snowy area to roam, and if they have anything less, they tend to display stress behaviours and in general do not cope well with being in zoos. Planet Zoo is at its core about animal welfare, so we felt giving the Polar Bear the high space and water requirements it so desperately needs to thrive, was in keeping with the game's main message.
- Added missing arctic theme tag to 8 items to enable them to be shown by the scenery filter.
- Icicles 4m - 01
- Icicles 4m - 02
- Icicles Large - 01
- Icicles Medium - 01
- Icicles Small - 01
- Icicles Small - 02
- Icicles Small - 03
- Roof Trim - 2m
- Fixed staff being stuck on staff path.
- Fixed an issue with staff room perks being lost after exiting and reloading a save.
- Temporarily turning off refunds for animal escapes.
- Fixed issue with the Work Zone UI contents list being greyed out.
- Added missing icons to the Arctic research levels.
- Fixed pay off loan button; you only pay off the outstanding amount, not the outstanding amount AND its future interest.
- Adjusted the wording of the "Alert Settings" in the "Interface" options
- Fixed a crash when starting Scenario 3 in Challenge or Sandbox modes.
- Further crash and stability fixes.
- Various localisation fixes.
Planet Zoo and its first DLC, the Arctic Pack, are now available on PC.