After spending over a month in Early Access, train sim Railroad Corporation has finally received its Early Access roadmap, which outlines what players can expect from the title in the coming months.
Railroad Corporation lets players take the helm of their very own railroad empire as they set to establish themselves as a notable force in 19th century North America. Aside from managing your transportation network, you'll also engage in political lobbying, tunnel blasting, and researching new technologies, among other things.
Railroad Corporation Early Access Roadmap
Railroad Corporation's Early Access roadmap currently covers the content set to arrive until Fall 2019. Here's what you can expect to be added in the coming months:
July Update - Sandbox
New sandbox maps (small/medium sized) with extra settings
- Random city location with random production buildings (The game generates seeds so you can share the same locations among friends!)
- Either start with just the Best Friend locomotive or start with everything researched.
- Enable/disable: Contracts generation, buy/construct production buildings, lawn spawning on/off, staff etc.
Free Play campaign mission
- Enable mission objectives, only disable time limits or disabled objectives completely.
- Research and Portfolio progress made in the actual campaign is ignored in Free Play.
A small update to multiplayer
- A separate scenario of the current multiplayer map will be added with an extended goal, larger initial capital and starting with two researched trains. Even though these changes are related to the same map. We think this will make multiplayer sessions more dynamic and will provide you with a new experience while new maps for multiplayer are coming.
August Update - Challenges
Adds the challenges category: unique separate one-map scenarios for true hardcore players
- The point of challenges is to make it not easy but possible to pass. With deadlines, money limits etc. This is for players who would like to try a more challenging mode rather than the one in campaign or if Chapter One is completed.
September Update - Multiplayer
- Adds three multiplayer maps with different size and preset conditions. One of the maps will be a mirrored one to try out a similar conditions scenario for each team. Another map will be suitable for random settings, making it similar to the sandbox settings (including initial conditions and cities/production shuffling)
- Additional multiplayer options similar to the sandbox settings, including cities and production shuffling.
Fall Update - Chapter Two
- Chapter Two added: six new campaign missions.
- AI competitor
- Stock market feature
- Steam Workshop integration
More details about each of the updates on the Railroad Corporation Early Access roadmap will be shared as they near completion. Railroad Corporation is currently available on PC, in Steam Early Access, for the discounted price of €18,74 or your regional equivalent.