RuneScape's 27 May 2020 Update is now live, its patch notes revealing the addition of an achievement for getting halfway to 120 Slayer and more.
As of the 27 May 2020 Update, RuneScape's penguins can now use protean traps while Entrana's agents will remind you the rules regarding aura when entering the island by balloon.
The update also introduces a set of bug fixes to RuneScape, addressing Acadia logs transforming into magic logs when burning and more.
RuneScape 27 May 2020 Update Patch Notes
Here are all the changes and additions that RuneScape is set to receive in its 27 May 2020 Update, as per its full patch notes:
- Entrana's customs agents have wised up and will now reiterate the rules about auras while entering Entrana via balloon.
- Penguins can now be caught using protean traps.
- The tooltip for Tier 1 Boots of Trials will now display the set effects.
- There is now an achievement for getting halfway to 120 Slayer.
- Burying Zogre bones will now count towards your daily Prayer task.
- You can no longer use Escape or Surge while transformed into a goblin.
- The Emote icon in the Community dropdown will now display as greyed-out when the Emotes interface is open.
- The Inventory icon for Splitbark Boots is now centred.
- The Protect Item prayer will now appear on the Buff Bar when activated via Quick Prayer.
- The information clerk at the Varrock Museum now displays the remaining Kudos you have yet to receive, rather than hiding it away in the Chat Log.
- Casting any type of Vengeance spell will now add a cooldown timer to the Debuff Bar. Previously only the original Vengeance spell would do this.
- The description for the off hand daggers in Urbi's store has been updated.
- Using the Magic Carpet to travel will no longer interrupt scan or compass clues.
- The description of the Globetrotter Armbands in Zaida's shop has been updated for their new functionality.
- Members' items in reward shops across Gielinor will now correctly display as 'owned' on free-to-play worlds – provided that they've been unlocked, of course.
- Fixed some dialogue in one of the Penguin quests.
- Corrected some capitalisation errors in the text surrounding fishbowls.
- Acadia logs will no longer transform into magic logs when burning.
- The outline of the enemy's Health panel will no longer persist if it's moved upon enemy death.
- The Ninja button has been deleted from the community 'Vote Now' interface.
- Fixed a typo in Evil Dave's Spellbook.
- Rat Burgiss' task reward dialogue about Scepter charges has been corrected.
- Fixed a typo at the end of the 'Shades of Mort'ton' quest.
- Updated some dialogue in 'Fate of the Gods' to match the voiceover.
- The Observatory Professor will no longer welcome you back on your first visit.
- Fixed an issue where 'Perils of Ice Mountain' was incorrectly shown as complete in the Quest List.
- A typo in the warning message that appears when selecting 'Reset Tab Order' in the Bank has been fixed.
- Fixed a typo in the Book of H.A.M. seen in 'Zogre Flesh Eaters'.
- A typo in a warning message during the 'Salt in the Wound' quest has been corrected.
- Fixed a typo in the 'Party Pete vs His Neighbor' court case report text.
- Fixed a typo in the examine text of the Pyro-matic.
- Fixed typos in Lubufu's dialogue during 'Tai Bwo Wannai Trio'.
- Our archaeologists have painstakingly corrected a typo in the Battered Letter found during 'Temple of Senntisten'.
- Fixed a typo in the Defence skill guide.
- Magic notepaper now works on grapes.
- The player model will no longer stretch while clicking the Goebie Mask in the Shipyard interface in Player Owned Ports.
- The codes in the Fairy Dossier during 'Fairy Tale III' are now displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue that made the Dress to Impress achievement trigger incorrectly.
- Explorer Jack will no longer dispense unlimited magic staves.
- Items in the Flash Factory Reward Shop are now priced correctly.
- Niles will now tell you the correct location of the Bank Note button in the Bank interface.
- The Ladder leading to the Heist mini-game is now capitalised.
- The Progress Bar now displays correctly when transmuting charms.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from being able to note unenchanted jewellery with Magic Notepaper.
- The Giant Oyster will no longer claim that it can be opened “tomorrow” two days in a row.
- The text on the Barbarian Teleport spell is no longer cut off.
- Tooltips for potions that restore health now display the correct stats in Legacy Combat Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Quest Point Cape would not respond correctly to the options checked in the Retro Skillcapes menu.
- Defeating any of the bosses in 'The World Wakes' with Lootshare active will now correctly advance you to the appropriate quest state.
- Fixed an issue where the Large Shell could stall a player in PvP zones.
Last Week's Hotfixes
- The Dungeoneering Hole can now be accessed during Happy Hour even with a full temperature gauge.
- Sandy Caskets can now be opened whilst the temperature gauge is at capacity.
- The chance of receiving a task skip token from training on The Beach has been reduced.
- Sun Cream and Cocktail buffs gained from the Beach should now boost your skills appropriately.
- Farming and Dungeoneering experience gained on the Beach will no longer scale down when you're levelling past 99.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.