Scrap Mechanic is a multiplayer survival sandbox game currently in early access on Steam. The game is not available through Epic Games although it does share a very similar aesthetic to Fortnite. In this article we'll show you how to enable the console commands and what cheats are usable.
Still being in early development you may come across more reasons than you'd like where cheats could save the day, be that being stuck in an elevator, or simply a distinct imbalance of needed materials.
Scrap Mechanic Console Commands Cheats
Before you can use the console commands, you have to edit the survival settings through a text editor like Notepad. Right click on Scrap Mechanic in your Steam library, go to Properties > LOCAL FILES > BROWSE LOCAL FILES > Survival > Scripts > game > SurvivalGame.lua and open it with an editor of your choice. Find the line that reads, if g_survival then and replace it with if true then. Save the changes.
With cheats enabled, you can now load up your game and press Enter to bring up the command prompt window. Type any of the codes below, remembering to start with / and hit Enter again to confirm.
- /ammo "Give ammo (default 40)"
- /spudgun "Give the spudgun"
- /gatling "Give the potato gatling gun"
- /shotgun "Give the fries shotgun"
- /sunshake "Give 1 sunshake"
- /baguette "Give 1 revival baguette"
- /keycard "Give 1 keycard"
- /powercore "Give 1 powercore"
- /components "Give
components (default 10)"
- /glowsticks "Give
components (default 10)"
- /tumble "Set tumble state"
- /god "Mechanic characters will take no damage"
- /respawn "Respawn at last bed (or at the crash site)"
- /encrypt "Restrict interactions in all warehouses"
- /decrypt "Unrestrict interactions in all warehouses"
- /limited "Use the limited inventory"
- /unlimited "Use the unlimited inventory"
- /ambush "Starts a 'random' encounter"
- /recreate "Recreate world"
- /timeofday "Sets the time of the day as a fraction (0.5=mid day)"
- /timeprogress "Enables or disables time progress"
- /day "Disable time progression and set time to daytime"
- /spawn "Spawn a unit: 'woc', 'tapebot', 'totebot', 'haybot'"
- /harvestable "Create a harvestable: 'tree', 'stone'"
- /cleardebug "Clear debug draw objects"
- /export "Exports blueprint $SURVIVAL_DATA/LocalBlueprints/
- /import "Imports blueprint $SURVIVAL_DATA/LocalBlueprints/
- /starterkit "Spawn a starter kit"
- /mechanicstartkit"Spawn a starter kit for starting at mechanic station"
- /pipekit "Spawn a pipe kit"
- /foodkit "Spawn a food kit"
- /seedkit "Spawn a seed kit"
- /die "Kill the player"
- /sethp "Set player hp value"
- /setwater "Set player water value"
- /setfood "Set player food value"
- /aggroall "All hostile units will be made aware of the player's position"
- /goto "Teleport to predefined position"
- /raid "Start a level
raid at player position at wave in hours."
- /stopraid "Cancel all incoming raids"
- /disableraids "Disable raids if true"
- /camera "Spawn a SplineCamera tool"
- /printglobals "Print all global lua variables"
- /clearpathnodes "Clear all path nodes in overworld"
- /enablepathpotatoes "Creates path nodes at potato hits in overworld and links to previous node"
These cheats will also work in multiplayer, however all players must enable them in the SurvivalGame.lua to avoid crashes.
Console Commands can also be disabled by reversing the process above, resetting it to the default, and this will not break your save.