Publisher Iceberg Interactive and developer Pawley Games today announced Star Dynasties, a sci-fi turn-based strategy title that tasks you with managing both empire and the human drama that follows your faction.
Star Dynasties kicks off centuries after Earth's destruction threw the entire galaxy into a Dark Age. The colonies that survived organized themselves in feudal societies led by aristocratic elites whose squabbles and disagreements shape mankind's fate and which can't quite comprehend the technology that guarantees their survival.
Star Dynasties Announced
It's against this background that Star Dynasties gives you control of one faction led by its own aristocratic group whose destiny lies in your hands.
You'll have to deal with both a "light empire management" layer and a procedurally generated narrative which can lead to forging strong alliances but which also leaves space for mistakes that can see an opportunistic enemy getting the upper hand.
Here are the Star Dynasties' features, as per its Steam page:
- Take on the role of the head of a political family through multiple generations, and lead it to dominance over the remnants of human civilization
- Experience an emergent narrative of personal and political drama
- Uphold the traditions and laws of society and earn a reputation for honor, or seize power and risk turning the galaxy against you
- Interact with hundreds of characters with realistic personalities, emotions, and relationships
- Punish those that have wronged you, and reward your allies
It'll be a while before we'll get to play Star Dynasties, as it is currently set to release at some point in 2021. In the meantime, check out its first developer diary below for more info on the sci-fi strategy title.