Gamera Game has teamed up with developer Darksun Studio to announce Starena, a boss rush arena game that features RPG elements, and will be released on 21st May for PC on Steam.
There's a Starena Demo available on the, if you wish to try it before it releases for $14.99 / €12.49.
Starena Release Date on Steam
Face the deadliest robots and creatures from across the whole universe, and all of them are bigger, stronger and meaner than you – only your skill and cunning can lead you to victory!
Each battle is a boss fight against a new unique enemy with its own mechanics, special moves and weaknesses. All of them have destroyable and dettachable parts that you can destroy to make them lose specific abilities – but also to use the broken pieces yourself!
- FAST-PACED HECTIC ACTION: Enter the arena and face the challenge of varied boss fights in a hectic fighting experience!
- DESTROY THE ENEMY BIT BY BIT: Every boss is designed with destroyable and dettachable parts. Destroying them not only makes your enemy lose power – you can use the broken pieces to turn the tide of the battle in your favor!
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR MECHA: Pick fallen components and use them to customize your weapons and skin to gain new powers. In later stages, you can even customize the voxel boxes to craft a unique weapon that is truly yours!
- PLEASE THE CROWD: Complete in-battle tasks that the audience will give you to earn their devotion and to make them help you during every encounter. You’re fighting for their enjoyment, after all!
- BRING YOUR BEST FANS: Choose between different types of fans to become your most prominent fans. They will follow you to every battle and drop items to help you out in the battlefield!
- 3D VOXEL ART, ADRENALINE-PUMPING MUSIC: A unique art style with catchy, adrenaline-pumping music to make you experience the thrill of the Starena Gladiator Tournament!
- ONLINE LEADERBOARDS: Hone your skills and try to get in the worldwide leaderboards by defeating your enemies as fast as possible!
Starena will release for the PC via Steam on 21st May.