The Evans Update for colony sim Surviving Mars is now live. A look at its patch notes reveals a smaller number of fixes addressing issues for both the base game and its DLCs.
One issue that should no longer occur after the Evans Update is that of colonists suffocating when moving between domes that are relatively close to each other.
Surviving Mars Evans Update Patch Notes
Here are all the fixes that Surviving Mars sees with the release of the Evans Update, as per its full patch notes:
- Fixed an issue that caused colonists' suffocation when moving between domes. This issue was reported here.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the game to freeze when a drone is trying to create a stockpile at an invalid location.
- Fixed an issue that caused colonists to roam outside their domes when dehydrated.
- Fixed an issue that causes the colonists to roam outside when dehydrated.
- Fixed an issue that caused noticeable frame drops when displaying a lake. This issue was reported here.
With its two promised expansions behind it, Surviving Mars has now spawned a series. Paradox Interactive announced follow-up Surviving the Aftermath earlier this week.
We don't know much about the title yet, aside from the fact that it will be a post-apocalyptic colony sim, but more will be revealed on October 19, during PDXCON 2019.