Set in a post-apocalyptic world, The Front sees us facing mutants, brutal imperial forces, thugs, and more as we scavenge resources, build bases, and generally try to stay alive. While evading death, which can come from many different sources, we'll also unveil "a struggle that will determine the fate of humanity."
The Front Early Access
The Front includes a number of features that will be familiar to genre veterans, from the aforementioned base building to crop planting, and cooking.
We'll also get to recruit NPCs to our cause, which could come in handy when friends can't help us delve into dark ruins and face the monsters within.
A variety of biomes alongside the ability to build and drive more than 20 types of modern vehicles, ranging from trucks to helicopters, are also part of the package.
Here is a breakdown of The Front's key features ahead of its early launch, as detailed by the developer:
- Build Your Own Shelter: Unrestricted by terrain and unbound by ideas, there are hundreds of building components available to satisfy your imagination.
- Unique Tower Defense Gameplay: Control enemy’s routes and arrange traps that integrate sensing, triggering, and killing to fend off the invasion of monsters such as bomb maniacs, stealthy assassins, flying soldiers, and so on.
- Build Your own modern vehicles: Build and drive more than 20 types of vehicles, such as pickup trucks, logging trucks, mining trucks, self-propelled anti-aircraft guns, and helicopter gunships.
- Logical Circuit: Use simple electrical parts to create complex mechanisms to accomplish various objectives. For example, an active defense system detects and attacks any incoming threats near your base automatically.
- Recruiting NPCs: Use Jammers to capture world NPCs, in addition to assisting the player in battle, the various types of crafting tables are also an important arena to show the talent of the NPCs, which can bring extra buffs in time, output, durability and other aspects.
- Planting and Cooking: Craft water-powered equipment to develop your own agriculture through automatic spraying and planting, and provide dozens of recipes to cook delicious food.
- Explore the post-apocalyptic world: Cross deserts, rainforests, snow covered terrain, and swamps. Discover unknown areas such as underground institutes and military exclusion zones, collect drawings, and grab airdrops.
When it launches in early access, The Front will allow us to experience 60 levels of progression, sampling "gathering and production equipment, weapons, and multiple ground and air vehicles."
Starting on October 11, 2023, The Front will be available on Steam and Epic Games Store for $19.99 or your regional equivalent.
During its launch week, the title will be discounted by 20%, temporarily bringing its price down to $15.99.
Keep updated on the latest Gaming News by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , or by giving us a like on .