The Witcher 3 is a vast RPG and regardless if you're just heading in for the first time or replaying it, there might come a time when console commands and cheats could come in handy. Perhaps you're having trouble with an opponent or just want to have some fun while being invincible. Or maybe you want to be able to call for a storm every time you intend to kick up one.
Thankfully, CD Projekt Red has kept the tradition of console commands and cheats alive in The Witcher 3. But in order to access them, you first need to activate the in-game console, which requires you to dive into the game's folder and do some light file editing. This guide will walk you through that process and list a number of cool things you can do once the console is yours to command.
The Witcher 3 Console Commands
First, head to your The Witcher 3 folder. If you're using the Gog.com version, navigate to it using Windows Explorer. Steam users can right click the game in their library, select Properties, Local Files, and Browse. Open the bin, config, and base folders to find a file called general.ini.
Open general.ini using Notepad, navigate to the bottom and add "DBGConsoleOn=true" on a new line, minus the quotation marks. Save the file, close it and start the game. You should now be able to bring up the in-game console using the tilde (~) key. If that doesn't seem to work, try pressing the @, # or F2 key.
Now that you know how to use them, here is a list of useful The Witcher 3's console commands and cheats.
- toggledebuglabels - Adds additional info to items over which you move your mouse
- settime(time) - Changes time of day
- god - Renders you invulnerable
- healme - Refills your health
- setlevel(#) - Sets your level to the number replacing #
- Ciri - Play as Ciri
- Geralt - Play as Geralt
- levelup - Increases your level by 1
- addskillpoints(#) - Adds skill point amount equal to number replacing #
- setbeard(1) - Gives Geralt a beard
- shave - Removes Geralt's beard
- WitcherHairstyle(#) - Changes Geralt's hairstyle based on number replacing # (1, 2 and 3 valid)
- addHair1 - Switches to Geralt's default hairstyle
- addHair2 - Gives Geralt a ponytail
- addHair3 - Gives Geralt long and loose hair
- addHairDLC1 - Gives Geralt short hair with long bangs
- addHairDLC2 - Gives Geralt a mohawk with a pony tail
- addHairDLC3 - Gives Geralt short hair with no bangs
- witchcraft - Gives Geralt one of every item
- additem('name,#') - Gives Geralt named item in # amount
- addmoney(#) - Gives Geralt specified amount of money
- removesmoney(#) - Removes specified amount of money from Geralt
- killall - Kills all enemies in combat
- dismember - Dismembers target foe
- spawn(name,#) - Spawns named foe in # amount
- makeitrain - Adds rainy weather
- stoprain - Stops rainy weather
- gotoKaerMorhen - Fast travel to Kaer Morhen
- gotoNovigrad - Fast travel to Novigrad
- gotoSkellige - Fast travel to the Skellige Isles
- gotoProlog - Fast travel to White Orchard
- gotoPrologWinter - Fast travel to White Orchard in Winter
- ShowAllFT(1) - Reveals all Signposts
- ShowPins(1) - Reveals all icons and areas on the world map
- activateAllGlossaryBeastiary - Grants every Beastiary entry
- activateAllGlossaryCharacters - Grants every Character entry
- secretgwint - Starts Gwent anywhere
- winGwint(0) - Lose current Gwent game
- winGwint(1) - Win current Gwent game
- addgwintcards - Adds one of every Gwent card to your deck
- additem(card,#) - Adds named Gwent card in specified amount
The Witcher 3 is available now on PC, Xbox One, PS4, and Nintendo Switch. A next-gen version is planned to release in 2021. If you've hopped over to Night City recently or plan on doing so in the future, check out our article on Cyberpunk 2077 console commands and cheats
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .