Railroad-building game Unrailed! is headed for Steam Early Access next month, on September 9, publisher Daedalic Entertainment and developer Indoor Astronaut announced today.
The Early Access release date announcement also brought with it a new trailer, which you can check out at the end of the article, that gives another look at what players can expect from Unrailed! in terms of gameplay.
Unrailed Steam Early Access
Unrailed! aims to spend somewhere between 3 to 6 months in Steam Early Access, the exact period ultimately depending on the feedback received. Here are its key features, as per a recent press release:
- Unstoppable train action with procedurally generated worlds offers immense replay value.
- Lots of landscapes, inhabitants, quests and crafting elements to discover.
- Endless mode offers unlimited new challenges with a variety of difficulty settings and wagon upgrades.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play online or locally with co-op for up to four players.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Lays tracks in teams of two against real human opponents — who will bring their train to the station first?
Unrailed! focuses on building railroads under pressure, as its unstoppable train moves across procedurally generated levels. You'll have to plan your moves on the go as, prior to putting down tracks, you'll need to collect resources. You also won't be able to lay down tracks everywhere, as the terrain might not always be suitable.
You can follow, wishlists and learn more about Unrailed! by visiting its Steam page which is now live.