Valheim's Hearth & Home Update 0.202.14 is finally live, its changelog revealing the addition of new weapons and shields alongside an overhauled blocking system, rebalanced food, and more.
Valheim's Hearth & Home update also introduces new Darkwood and stone building pieces that give your inner architect more options to work with when building homes. Lox pets can now be named, while map sharing and an Obliterator extension that lets players destroy items have also been added to the Early Access title.
Here are all the changes and additions introduced to Valheim in its Hearth & Home update as detailed in the changelog shared by the developer:
- Weapons rebalanced (All weapons have been rebalanced to be more viable as main weapon and also have more unique playstyles)
- Blocking system overhauled (Current maximum hp now greatly affects your ability to block attacks, stagger bar gui added)
- Naming tamed creatures
- Gamepad sensitivity settings
- Auto-pickup toggle button added
- Graphics settings (Active point lights & Active point light shadows)
- Tamed creatures affected by friendly fire setting (i.e you can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item)
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
- Food rebalance (Most food items now give mainly stamina or mainly health to make food choices more interesting)
- Food GUI overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food
- Over 10 new things to eat (Actually 12)
- Tamed Lox now have a purpose
- Slimy locations & creatures added to plains
- New plantable seeds: Birch, Oak & Onions
- New weapons: Crystal battleaxe, Silver knife
- New shields: Bone tower shield, Iron buckler
- Butcher knife (Special weapon for butchering tamed animals)
- Thunder stone (Sold by trader)
- Lox accessory
- New Darkwood building pieces like shingle roofs, beams, decorations and more
- New types of furniture, including but not limited to a mighty stone throne and a steamy viking hot tub
- Crystal walls
- New types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources
- Cauldron improvements: Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans
- Cartography table (For sharing map-data with other players)
- Oven added (For baking bread and pie)
- Obliterator added (Items be gone)
- Iron cooking station (Required to cook some types of meat)
Valheim's Hearth & Home update is the first major step on its 2021 roadmap, which only has one other update – Mistlands – scheduled, albeit without a set release date at the moment. The roadmap used to be much more ambitious, before developer Iron Gate axed several other pieces of content from it.
The slower pace at which new content was release hasn't thrown the game into obscurity by any stretch. If you've yet to give the game a shot, you can find it on Steam.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .