Warhammer: Vermintide 2's update 2.0.4 is now live, its patch notes revealing a small number of changes and fixes implemented just before the release of the Winds of Magic expansion later today.
The main changes in update 2.0.4 see the Tier 6 talents returning to their original Tier 5 slot, while the level of the amulet introduced with the expansion are now shared across your entire Warhammer: Vermintide 2 account, instead of being career-specific.
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Update 2.0.4 Patch Notes
Here are all the changes introduced in Warhammer: Vermintide 2's update 2.0.4, as per its patch notes.
- Reduced Talent Tier 6 level requirement to 30 (from level 35).
- The magic amulet is now shared across all heroes and careers. Any excess essence spent on amulet upgrades has been refunded.
- Fixed a crash that could happen if the host lost connection to the Steam lobby.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when loading the game and a client lost connection and then reconnected during the loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when loading into a Weave Arena with a dead or respawning player.
- Fixed a crash related to the removal of buffs.
- Fixed an issue where no weapon would be visible if picking up a throwing axe while throwing your last axe.
- Fixed an issue where boss doors spawned by the Minotaur were invisible.
- Fixed some locations on Dark Omens where players could get stuck.
- Fixed a facepatrol location on Dark Omens.
- Fixed an issue where players could see the low detailed version of the environment when respawning on Dark Omens.
- Fixed the pacing of the end event on Dark Omens.
- Slightly increased the amount of health drops on Dark Omens across all difficulties.
- Bardin Slayer talent 'Impatience' - Fixed an issue where the movement speed bonus was not applied correctly when playing as a client.
- Kerillian Waystalker talent 'Serrated Shots' - Fixed an issue that caused arrows fired to not properly apply a bleed effect. Tweaked bleed effect, now stacks up to 3 times.
- Kerillian Waystalker talent 'Weavebond' - Fixed an issue causing the talent to return 1.5 health on headshot/crit instead of intended 2.
- Kerillian Waystalker talent 'Piercing Shot' - Updated firing time from 0.1 seconds to 0 seconds. The arrow will now be released on the same frame as the ability input is released, meaning it will not be affected by the animation offsetting the crosshair.
- Kerillian Handmaiden talent 'Heart of Oak' - Fixed an issue where the talent did not apply correctly while playing as client.
- Victor Saltzpyre Witch Hunter Captain talent 'Flense' - Fixed an issue that caused melee strikes to not properly apply a bleed effect. Tweaked bleed effect, now stacks up to 3 times.
- Barrage 'trait' - Fixed an issue that prevented AoE attacks (Conflagration Staff/Fireball Staff/Hagbane Shortbow) to stack barrage. Barrage now only looks at the first target hit for the purpose of adding additional stacks.
While update 2.0.4 hasn't addressed anything regarding Warhammer: Vermintide 2's controversial combat changes ushered in by update 2.0, developer Fatshark is "looking at the threads, posts and topics you're creating discussing the pros & cons of change, the merits of and improvements that could be made to seasonality and rewards, and hope to be able to discuss where we'll be going with these systems in the future in the coming weeks."
Warhammer: Vermintide 2 is now out on PC, Xbox One and PS4, its Winds of Magic expansion going live later today.