Classes can choose their specialization as they progress reveal BioWare, between 2 on offer per class. The Star Wars MMO is currently in beta.
Here are the newly revealed advanced classes:
- Imperial Agent - Operative (uses blaster rifle or energy blade, stealth, burst ranged damage) & Sniper (sniper rifle, dps - counterpart of Gunslinger)
- Sith Inquisitor - Sorcerer (force damage, single bladed lightsaber) & Assassin (double bladed lightsaber, stealth, burst damage)
- Bounty Hunter - Powertech & Mercenary
- Jedi Consular - Shadow (double-bladed lightsaber) & Wizard (healing / single lightsaber)
- Trooper - Commando (heavy armor, tank) & Vanguard (dps)
The Jedi Knight also gets two specializations:
Sentinel: Dual Light Sabers; Saber Fighting Specialist; Melee
Guardian: Single Light Saber/ Heavy Armor; Leadership/ Party Buffs; Tank
A trailer recently went up on the Internets showcasing Star Wars: The Old Republic's space combat, which plays more like an arcade cabinet shooter - see it below. BioWare wanted it to 'evoke' that Star Wars action move feel and help take a break from RPG'ing.