It brings with it a new 1861 starting point allowing us to kick start the US Civil War. Paradox has released a new written developer diary following its progress.
You can check out thefrom the Paradox team on their official forum. Below is a summary of new features coming with the expansion:
- New starting point in 1861 allowing players to experience the US Civil War from the start
- Manufacture reasons to go to war with other countries, all in the quest for power
- Civilize your country with new reform paths to ultimately become equal with European nations
- Invest in building infrastructure and factories in other countries to strengthen their ties to you
- Deeper political system with new national focus options and new types of reforms
- New system of popular movements that can be appeased or suppressed, but if ignored will become the revolutionaries of tomorrow
- Improved interface with more information easily available to improve the gameplay
Victoria II: A House Divided releases on PC in Q1 2012 and is priced at $19.99/€19.99/£14.99. Some screenshots have been published too which are below.