The Secret World game director Joel Bylos has posted an open letter to the MMO's subscribers about what they can expect in the upcoming major update, Issue #5.
Bylos states gamers can expect the following additions:
* New York Raid - The first raid in The Secret World and our take on how a raid can feel and play in a story and atmosphere heavy game.
* Fusang PvP Revamp - Revitalizing the PvP gameplay in The Secret World is very important to us and is a part of our larger mandate of increasing faction conflict in the game. The revamp gives people a real reason to go to Fusang, whether alone, in a small group or as a zerg.
* The Albion Theatre - Something for our role-players, the Albion Theatre feature provides people with a place to rehearse and put on plays for each other.
* The Chainsaw - Starting from a new mission with Dr Aldini, players will have access to the chainsaw auxiliary weapon.
* Reticule targeting mode - Press T in the game to switch to reticule targeting mode and see if you prefer to play that way. I suspect it is going to become the new favorite way to play for a lot of our players.
* Height Slider in Character Creation and Plastic Surgery - Continued improvements to the character system, as requested by our players.
Bylos went on to say that with Issue #4, the dev team found their stride, and Issue #5 will benefit from their experience.