They promise there's "none of the crazy disorientation" with the camera anymore, and Twitch.TV integration is a-go. New mod folder means tweaks sit "side by side with game files".
Haven't finished fabricating that fancy new factory yet? Well you'd better hurry because degradation now occurs after a time, and walls have cooldowns too.
"It's been a super busy couple of weeks for the Planetary Annihilation team over here at Uber Entertainment. And today, we've got a brand new build of the game to share with all of you. It has a lot of game-changing features and mechanics. Also, it incorporates some tweaks and fixes you'll definitely want to check out," Uber.
Latest update highlights:
▪ Interplanetary Nukes - Bodies in orbit can now nuke each other. This is still a work in progress, but we think this feature nicely expands interplanetary warfare.
▪ Orbital Camera Overhaul - We have a new integrated camera with more degrees of freedom and, more importantly, none of the crazy disorientation when zooming in from celestial view. Give it a shot and tell us what you think!
▪ Kick / Kick-Ban - Now you can kick players from your matches. This is a pretty heavily requested feature, so we're stoked to introduce the concept with this update.
▪ Twitch.TV Integration - Now you can stream your matches from in-game! Just sign in to Twitch from the settings menu and start streaming immediately.
▪ Changes To Unit / Building Selection - Complete re-write of selection logic. This is mostly internal, but some behaviors have changed. Let us know which corners we forgot to round off.
▪ Tech 1 Bot Factory Redesign - Bot factories have a newer, more distinct look.
▪ New Mod Folder - Mods can now sit side by side with game files without replacing them. There's a post in the mod forum with the details on this.
▪ Collision Tweak - Added rectangular collision volumes for naval units, which should allow for more accurate targeting and movement.
▪ Structure Build Atrophy - Incomplete structures will now degrade over time and vanish after a cooldown period. Walls have been given a cooldown too, which makes it harder to abuse them.
Uber has announced that no hard release date exists for Planetary Annihilation as it's done.