They promise there's "no catch!" To get into the festive spirit Scrolls owners need only log into their Mojang account, click 'send to a friend' and then type in a chum's email.
These free giftable codes expire January 31st, 2014 because there's when Christmas is well and truly hung-over until next time. Be sure to check your lists twice.
"Your chum will receive a code in the mail, along with some simple instructions on how to redeem it. It hasn’t even got to be a “friend” you send the code to: enemies, family members and animals are all allowed to play, so long as they can follow the simple instructions listed in the mail. Send and be merry!" blogged Mojang's Owen.
The studio has also just released Scrolls patch 0.112.1.
• Frostbeard (Growth) now has 2 hp.
• Languid (Decay) is now uncommon.
• Draining Mist (Decay) is now uncommon.
• Bitter Root (Decay) is now common.
• Increased Judgement reward levels
• Fixes for achievements not being properly awarded: win X ranked matches, Reach position X in the ladder, and Blazingly fast / Stampede / Quick win
• We’ve had to reset Blazingly Fast in order to allow unlock of Stampede and Quick win. Sorry for any inconvenience!
• Sacrifice should now always work after rejoining a game in progress