Freaking Meatbags, the real-time strategy game where you play as a cleaning robot forcing humans to do his evil bidding, is now available on Steam Early Access.
“Hello fleshy lifeform, and welcome to our Early Access release!" writes developer Wild Factor's Alexandre Lautié on the game's Steam page. "Freaking Meatbags has reached alpha and is fully playable in its current form. A large portion of the content is already in place, including the first stages of DNA mixing and most of the buildable structures. We're hard at work fixing bugs and adding new features, so if something breaks before your very eyes, it's ok, it's supposed to do that! For now, anyway”
Freaking Meatbags has you building and defending a resource-gathering base on contested planet, protecting it from rival robots by upgrading its defensive structures and human serfs with advanced technology. While a large portion of the game is present and correct, there are several features that are planned to roll out in the coming months.
· New structures to build, including a Magnetic Wall, Matrix Mega Laser, Poison Plate and Tower Booster.
· Two new meatbag types to create: jetpack and zombie.
· New enemy robots to crush, including Exploding Robots and Robot Eggs. That's right, eggs!
· Four new planets to clean up.
· Full-featured map editor.
· Linux and Mac ports.
· A crazy pirate.
You can grab hold of the early access version of Freaking Meatbags on Steam here for £7.99.