Fantasy RPG fans unite! 1992's Ultima Underworld rocked the world of RPG'dom, and now the original team is back with dreams of Underworld Ascendant, which has just landed onasking for $600k.
Its creators have "unchained the franchise," and it's free to evolve. We'll stumble around The Stygian Abyss, deal with dynamic factions, and its engine will let us be the "MacGyver’ of a fantasy world."
The OtherSide Entertainment development team propose:
▪ Exquisitely Realized Underworld – Plunge into The Stygian Abyss: dark, ripe with dangers, full of ancient secrets to discover. A vast subterranean fantasy world made startlingly real and alive.
▪ Dynamic Factions – Become embroiled in an epic plot, as rival factions vie for dominance in struggles that ebb and flow across The Stygian Abyss. Your choices will alter the outcome in subtle and dramatic ways.
▪ Improvisation Engine – Delight in player-authored gameplay taken to a whole new level, with a suite of technologies that empower you to solve challenges with astonishing ingenuity. Be the ‘MacGyver’ of a fantasy world.
▪ Hero to Call Your Own – Jump right in as a Fighter, Thief or Mage. Then as your Avatar grows, freely mix and match across any skills to develop a unique hero, tailored to your style of play.
▪ Pushing Boundaries – Stretch Goals will innovate on co-op play with a friend; letting you build your own corner of The Stygian Abyss; and more.
Underworld Ascendant is the "next-generation sequel" to the original Ultima Underworld games, and they plan to take full advantage of the technology available today, not just for fancy visuals and the like, but all-new gameplay mechanics.
Check out thefor more. The studio is asking for $600k to achieve their goal, and already it's over $25k from just over 400 backers.