The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, the much-anticipated "mega DLC" pack for Edmund McMillen and Florian Himsl's cult hit roguelike, will, adding a huge amount of new content including levels, modes, bosses, power-ups and more.
Developer Nicalis and McMillen promise around 100 hours of new gameplay, as well as enough changes to makefeel "like a completely new game."
The only platform confirmed thus far is Steam, though pre-orders aren't quite ready to go just yet. The team plans to offer a price reduction to customers who put down their money early. "It will retail for $9.99 but preordering will take a considerable chunk off," says McMillen.
Here's what you'll find in the expansion when it's released this October 30:
- Greed Mode: a whole new game mode with a heavy focus on risk/reward that is a completely new way to play featuring new endings and a final boss.
- Expanded main game: a new final area has been added to the main game along with another new final boss and ending.
- Daily Runs: compete for highscore / best time on the leader boards in these daily seeded runs.
- 10 totally new and awesome challenges
- 1000+ new rooms, as well as new tiny rooms, closets and giant arching hallways.
- a totally new playable character, Lilith, mother of demons.
- 120 new items! not counting tons of new pickups, chests, pills, bombs, cards etc. taking the item count up beyond 525!
- 4 new alternate chapters with new chapter specific enemy types, visual themes, and surprises.
- a new seed code combo page, as well as a butt ton of new seed codes that mod the game.
- a greatly expanded soundtrack!
- new room types like, trap rooms, double treasure rooms, and ultra rare closets!
- a greatly expanded and updated hud system
- tons of new secret transformations
- 8 new bosses
- 25+ new enemies
- updated item combo system
- far too many new achievements
- 20 million new co-op babies
-and probably at least 5 other features i cant remember due to all the crap that we threw into this little monster.[/br]