Today is the day Common Sense prevails as Paradox Interactive has released the latest expansion for Europa Universalis IV. With it comes the big 1.12 patch and several free features for those unmoved by sense that is common.
The new add-on is priced at £10.99 and includes new religious mechanics, and a shake-up for Theocracies, greater interactions with subject states, parliamentary systems and other big overhauls.
The provinces have radically altered and now have 'development levels' that can be directly manipulated by nations if they invest in them, and it also reworks how buildings can be constructed and their effects. Governments are now also ranked.
Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense is available now on PC through Steam.
▪ New Religious Gameplay: New mechanics for Protestants and Buddhists deepen the religious gameplay. Protestants acquire the ability to create their own national church by gaining religious tradition, whilst Buddhists must maintain balance between high and low karma (high karma ruler becomes detached from the world, while a low karma ruler loses trust of their soldiers).
▪ Devotion: Theocracies have Devotion based on how closely they adhere to their faith, with high Devotion increasing prestige, papal influence and tax income. Theocracies choose their successors from 6 different alternatives, such as an influential preacher or a noble's son.
▪ Subject Interactions: Over 15 new special actions that can be taken towards subjects, such as installing your own dynasty on the thrones of your vassals.
▪ Parliament: Parliamentary rule for constitutional republics and monarchs, and a special parliamentary government for England. Grant your provinces seat in parliament and bribe them to vote on issues that strengthen your nation.
▪ Provincial Improvements: Develop the tax, manpower and goods production of your empire by spending monarch power.
▪ Free Cities of the HRE: Small nations in the Holy Roman Empire can be granted the status of Free City.
▪ Government Ranks: All nations are ranked, from small Duchies to great Empires, and can increase their government rank as they grow in power.