It's the 20th anniversary for Pro Evolution Soccer this year andsay PES 2016 focuses on "core PES values." The studio has named Neymar da Silva Santo Junior as the cover star.
The new PES 2016 is powered byFox Engine, which they're using in the new Metal Gear Solid V titles. They've got an "advanced collision system".
"PES 2016 will be the best game in the series," explained Erik Bladinieres, European Brand Director of Football at Konami. "This is solely due to the passionate feedback and support from our users and the community, which helped us get back to the core of what PES is."
"We truly believe with PES 2016 we will continue to celebrate the history of PES and everything it stands for, and create a new level of quality that has never been reached by any football game. Here's to another 20 years!"
PES 2016 releases on PC and console September 18th. Check out the E3 teaser trailer.
Konami has released a features highlight list for PES 2016:
▪ Advanced Collision System – The physicality of the modern game has been realised in PES 2016 with a significantly improved collision system, calculating how players interact and creating a unique outcome depending on the type of impact.
▪ Aerial Strength – With the new physicality system, aerial battles are a completely unique experience this year. Use the left stick to battle the opposition or disrupt a larger, more powerful, player; or find the best position to make the header/volley.
▪ 1v1 Control – In PES 2016 the 1v1 player control have been enhanced, offering a wide range of movements within the existing control structure. Response times have been improved, allowing players to manoeuvre in tight situations. This also benefits the upgraded feint moves that allow sudden directional change that can cause defenders to lose their balance. The 1on1 situations now offer a great leap in exciting table-turning outcomes. Just as the real pitch offers opportunities for those brave enough to perform, in PES 2016 players can pull off precise action, manoeuvre flexibly and pull away from the defender. Technique and timing can see a defender lose his balance, and creates great chances just as you pictured.
▪ Perfect Defence – Performing a tackle at the perfect time will powerfully shove the player out of the way to secure the ball. The ball will immediately be yours, creating direct turnarounds and counter opportunities.
▪ Intelligent Player AI – 2-3 player combination play will be available via the improved concept of team strategy, which depends on the type of tactic you set for your team. Players are no longer reliant on manually triggering a one-two, with teammates intelligently running off passes into space.
▪ Goal Keeper ID – In a bid to improve quality and add unique individuality in performance, new goal keeper parameters have been added that vary in Catching, Clearance, Collapsing and Deflecting. This adds character to the players, who you can count on catching the ball rather than punching, or are better at stopping close range shots.
▪ Celebration Control – New for the series, players have full control over goal celebrations to maximize their excitement when scoring! Prompts appear after a goal to trigger a trademark celebration, or unique actions at the press of a button.