To the shock of everyone who owned the PC version of Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, an official, not fan-made, patch was released in July 2015 for the game, which was released on the platform in February 2005, a few months after the Xbox launch. Now, a second patch has been issued on Steam.
Aside from 20 new Steam Achievements suggested by users, the game fixes a multitude of glitches, including mod-induced crashes, mouse look issues, shader issues, and changing the behavior of light and dark side points. The patch even deals with some Mac and Linux problems.
All this is fine and dandy, but, honestly, where was the official support ten years ago when it really needed it?
The full change log includes:
- Added 20 user-generated achievements (see pinned thread for details)
- Fixed an issue with Pet Rock achievement not unlocking in TSLRCM
- Fixed a crash when adding more than five mods
- Fixed two issues tied to Mouse Look
- Fixed an issue with the controller menu appearing on top of dialog screens
- Fixed an issue with Kreia not disappearing properly on Korriban
- Fixed a shader issue causing NPC droid eyes to not be illuminated
- Fixed an issue with alternate dialog not appearing after multiple play-throughs
- Changed the behavior of the Light/Dark Side point achievements
- Fixed a crash connected to the M4-78 mod
- Fixed multiple issues with a spinning camera when certain third-party devices are connected
- Fixed multiple issues connected to DPI Scaling
- Fixed an issue with the screen being offset on high refresh-rate monitors
- Fixed an issue with sounds continuously repeating after moving away from the sound source
- Change to cloud-saves, automatically lower-casing files so they can be read on Linux