You've been gunning down the Empire for well over a year now, and just landed on the beaches of Scarif. With the deals EA have been putting on Star Wars: Battlefront, you'd think it was dead. Not so! Here's the January update.
If you fire up your Origin client, you'll see a 2.44GB patch worm its way onto your hard-drive - assuming you have the game. But what do you get for that temporary bandwidth hog? Let's take a look.
In a quick sum up of what to expect here, it's mostly balance changes to keep things from getting a little too hectic on the battlefield alongside some quick changes to specific game modes. There's a few graphical tweaks to the Rogue One: Scarif maps, too.
- General: Various minor UI issues.
- General: Various lighting fixes
- General: Various minor art updates on Rogue One: Scarif maps
- Game Modes
- Walker Assault: Fixed a bug where three uplinks could be seen at the same time on Rogue One: Scarif maps
- Walker Assault: Adjusted all Hero spawn points on Rogue One: Scarif maps
- Walker Assault: Changed Y-wing timer to 30 seconds on Rogue One: Scarif maps
- Walker Assault: Adjusted AT-AT health across all maps
- Weapons & Star Cards:
- Sonic Imploder: Fixed criteria for Grenadier Hutt contract regarding the Flash requirement
- Sonic Imploder: Increased blast radius from 2 to 4 meters
- Sonic Imploder: Increased explosion damage from 90 to 100
- TIE Striker: Raised projectile speed from 800 to 1000 meters/second
We've left this is a simple taste of what's to come with the January 2017 patch. They're actually a little too long for us to fully list here, so each section has been heavily cut down. On top of these changes, there's numerous alterations for Hero character including Bossk, Chewbaca, Leia, Darth Vader, Luke, Lando and more than a couple others.
For those, however, we kindly ask that you head on over to the official patch page over on the Battlefront blog. You'll find a lot more to work with there.