Rebellion, the developers of Sniper Elite series and 2000AD owners, today released a new trailer for Rogue Trooper Redux, the remastered edition of their 2006 game that we thought was pretty good. The trailer is called '7 Reasons to Revisit Nu-Earth!' and basically lists seven reasons why either fans of the original or new players should want to pick up Rogue Trooper Redux when it comes out October 17. Although they do cheat a bit with number 7, which is technically two things.
The trailer does an excellent job of showing off each of the reasons and why they're so important, but if you want a simple list:
- BAFTA-nominated story. It's based on the popular 2000AD sci-fi comic, which was nominated for a BAFTA.
- Remastered visuals. We've already written about the comparison video so check that out. HD, new character models and texture, new effects and more.
- Iconic comic book characters. Expect fan favourites such as Gunnar, Venus Bluegenes and the Traitor General.
- Timeless tactical combat. The action of the original got a lot of praise so we're hopeful it's as good as we remember.
- New dynamic cover system. A more modern cover system is welcome, as long as it's been implemented well.
- New gamepad controls. The console versions and PC gamepads had odd controls so it's good to see they've been re-thought.
- New difficulty modes and achievements. Polar opposite "Easy" and "Legend" modes should help out beginners and veterans alike. Oh, and there's achievements too.
If we're being brutally honest only four of those points are unique to Rogue Trooper Redux, but they're great points nonetheless - remastered visuals, controls, and gameplay and added difficulty modes and achievements? Neat. The rest however are great for anyone who missed the original and like the look of it.
Rogue Trooper Redux will be out October 17 and we're sure we'll stream it at some point around then, for anyone still making up their minds.