Forged Battalion, the new RTS from Command & Conquer, Grey Goo and Star Wars: Empire At War creators Petroglyph, today got a big Supply Drop update that expands the campaign, as well as many other improvements.
This is the first major update for Forged Battalion since its release on January 16, and includes 5 new campaign updates, new weapons and technology, and plenty of balance tweaks. See below for the full Forged Battalion Patch Notes and all the details on the Supply Drop update!
Check out our Hands-On Impressions with Forged Battalion, with gameplay of the first two missions and Faction Creator!
You can check out the full details on the update here. Here's a list of all additions with the Supply Drop patch:
- Five new campaign missions!
- New Technology
- Tier 4 Weapons:Disintegration Beam, Sonic Pulse Gun, ELF Field, Disruptor Cannon, Reverberation Field, Gravity Beam Cannon
- Tier 4 Support Mods: Energy Shield (Units/Turret), Energy Shield (HQ), Kinetic Shield (Unit), Kinetic Shield (Turret), Kinetic Shield (HQ), Quantum Sensor (Unit/Sensor), Quantum Sensor (HQ), Predictive Radar (HQ), Gravity Field Generator (HQ), Gravity Compensators (Aircraft)
- New Locomotor Mods: Hover Chassis (Land Vehicles), Jumpjet Frame (Infantry).
- New Superweapons: Quantum Stasis, Singularity Cannon
- AI have been balanced to react more intelligently in certain situations.
- All Artillery (includes Ballistic Artillery for HV and Proton Artillery for HV and Tur): Projectile speed reduced to 500 (was 600), Weapon Cooldown increased to 3.2 (was 2.2)
- Map Desiccated Coast: Added outpost positions in corners (skirmish version only), Added one additional resource node in each base location.
- Toxic Missile Superweapon – Base damage increased by 25%
- Caustic Grenade (Infantry) – Base damage increased by 25%
- Gas Disperser (Turret) – Base damage increased by 30%
- Gas Bomb Rack (Aircraft)
- General fixes and content
- Adjustments to tactical HUD to display the actual units instead of iconic representations – please let us know what you think!
- Mission 2 – AI no longer build barracks on top of resource node.
- Mission 1 – Fixed a softlock that occurred at the end of the mission if the player saves and loads at specific points in the game.
- Superweapons – Rocket Bombardment attack duration now matches the visual effects.
- Canyon Ruins – Edge of map can no longer be seen.
- Multiplayer – If a lobby host disconnects when a client user is joining the lobby, the client does not need to restart the game to play multiplayer again.
- UI – Tweaks to icons displayed on the HUD minimap.
- Power bar tooltip is now in place. It shows current draw out of max, and it color-tints gradually from green to yellow to orange to red.
- Surround sound settings added to options screen.
- Fixed a bug where the game may freeze for all users in a multiplayer lobby, when adding and removing AI players.
- Fixed a bug where the Comm Centre tooltip showed the wrong build prerequisites.
- Fixed an issue where the harvester icon would be overlapped by resource node icons on the minimap.
- The numpad 5 button now appears as a bindable setting in the Key Bindings options.
- Chat lobby logs can now be scrolled by mouse wheel.
- SFX now always plays when unlocking tech in the tech tree.
- The “ADVANCED TACTICS: ARMOR AND DAMAGE TYPES” section of the game manual has been updated.
- It’s now possible to exit out of the Key Binding process.
- Tweaks to accented characters appearing capitalized in French and German.
That's a sizeable update, certainly. Have you been playing Forged Battalion? Excited by what you see here? Or have you been holding off and are tempted to get back in? Let us know in the comments!