Whether you're currently playing through its campaigns or are just about to make a purchase, chances are you've wondered about whether or not Age of Empires 4 has launched with cheats, or at least some console commands that can ease your journey when the AI proves a bit too much to handle.
Age of Empire cheats have been featured in the series' previous entries, helping players out by revealing the map, granting additional resources, or letting them field overpowered units belonging to eras well beyond the scope of the game.
Age of Empires 4 Cheat Codes
It wouldn't be too outlandish to expect them in the series' latest entry, despite the game launching at a time when fewer titles include them. Here's what we know about cheats being made available in AOE4.
AoE4 cheats weren't available at launch, proving less than ideal for some of the more power-hungry members of the strategy game's playerbase.
While we couldn't spawn in units to instantly murder our opponents' infantry right away, they are now confirmed to go live alongside the Season Three update.
To use Age of Empires 4 cheat codes, you'll first need to make sure that you tick the Cheats Allowed box when creating your custom game. Most of them can be used in custom games and skirmish, with a handful also being available in campaign.
To benefit from their effects, you just need to open the chat window and input your desired code. Check out below the list available as of the game's Season Three update.
- photon man - Spawns a Photon Man unit (Custom/Skirmish)
- inna jiffy - Instantly build, research and produce units (Custom/Skirmish)
- full meal deal - Grants player food resources (Custom/Skirmish/Campaign)
- i have an app idea - Grants player gold resources (Custom/Skirmish/Campaign)
- take it for granite - Grants player stone resources (Custom/Skirmish/Campaign)
- knock on wood - Grants player wood resources (Custom/Skirmish/Campaign)
- smorgasbord - Grants player 100000 of all resources (Custom/Campaign)
- i give up - Lose the game (Custom/Campaign)
- it was known - Removes fog of war (Custom)
- it is known - Reveals or hides map (Custom)
- another round - Slows down simulation in mission (Campaign)
- another cup - Enables turbo mode in mission (Campaign)
- age me up scotty - Advance to the next age (Custom)
- make it quick - Kills selected units and buildings (Custom)
- anti-poke - Makes selected units and buildings invulnerable (Custom)
- you monster - Kills all Gaia (Custom)
- minimally minimal - Hides or shows UI (Custom/Campaign)
- king size beds - Grants max pop cap (Custom/Campaign)
- at the core - Spawns one of each core unit (Custom/Campaign)
- big bad sheep - Turns sheep into wolves (Custom/Campaign)
- out with the new - Replaces AoE 4's attack notification with AoE 2's alarm (Custom/Campaign)
- one of us - Converts selected units (Custom)
- this is fine - Sets selected buildings on fire (Custom)
- zeleport - Teleports player's selected units to cursor (Custom)
As expected, using AoE 4 cheats will disable progress towards achievements, challenges, and masteries. There's no word yet about the inclusion of separate console commands, so the tilde key will remain lonely for a while longer.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.