Gasoline is required in ARK: Survival Evolved as fuel for several crafting stations, which means that it's a rather important resource to know how to make.
In order to make yourself some gasoline, you'll first have to get your hands on oil, harvested from dark stones, oil patches and killing or taming specific creatures, and hide, obtained from harvesting the corpse of most creatures in ARK: Survival Evolved.
ARK: Survival Evolved How to Make Gasoline
Once you've gathered 5 oil and 6 hide, placing them in a Refining Forge or Industrial Forge and leaving them there for 30 seconds will yield 5 gasoline. ARK: Survival Evolved's Industrial Forge can produce up to 100 units of gasoline in one go, as long as you've the necessary materials.
Gasoline can also be made using the Chemistry Bench. you'll need 20 Congealed Gas Balls and Green Gems, both found in the paid Aberration DLC. 20 Fragmented Green Gems from ARK: Survival Evolved's Extinction DLC also work.
Now that you've made yourself some gasoline, how long does it burn? That varies depending on the crafting station and amount put in. For reference, you'll find the minimum and maximum burn times below.
- Chemistry Bench: 1 gasoline (15 minutes), 100 gasoline (1 day and 1 hour)
- Fabricator: 1 gasoline (15 minutes), 100 gasoline (1 day and 1 hour)
- Industrial Cooker: 1 gasoline (15 minutes), 100 gasoline (1 day and 1 hour)
- Industrial Forge: 1 gasoline (15 minutes), 100 gasoline (1 day and 1 hour)
- Industrial Grinder: 1 gasoline (15 minutes), 100 gasoline (1 day and 1 hour)
- Industrial Grill: 1 gasoline (20 minutes), 100 gasoline (1 day, 9 hours and 20 minutes)
- Electrical Generator: 1 gasoline (30 minutes), 100 gasoline (2 days and 2 hours)
That's all you need to know about how to make gasoline in ARK: Survival Evolved. The title is now out on PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and mobile.