If you've yet to try out Ark: Survival Evolved, publisher and developer Studio Wildcard is currently hosting a free weekend on Steam that lasts until November 9.
Tomorrow, Ark: Survival Evolved will also receive the Tender Loving Care 3 Update that introduces the Mammoth and Stegosaurus reworks alongside various quality of life improvements.
The Gigantosaurus will have its maturation time reduced by 15%, Wyverns will become breedable aside from their zombie variant, and the Basilisk is getting eyes, to name a few of them.
Ark: Survival Evolved Free Weekend and Tender Loving Care 3 Update
Ark: Survival Evolved's Tender Loving Care 3 Update also makes the Spider, Moth and Scorpion breedable. You can read specific details in this article.
Here's what you can expect from the two creature reworks set to go live with the update:
War Drum Saddle and Buff
- 1 additional passenger seat on a saddle that comes equipped with a war drum that must be played to maintain an AoE buff that improves stamina regen and makes them immune to fear.
- Sweeps tusks left or right to gather and harvest thatch
- Emits a trunk roar that does an AOE debuff to all enemies within range
- Mammoth rears up and then puts all of its weight into a forward “slam” with its front legs to directionally knock back enemies and gather wood
- Similar to the Karkinos’s grab, it is able to grab, hold, and release smaller targets
- Backplate passive buff and can switch between three modes. Different modes will be indicated visually
- Hardened Plated: Applies a damage reduction buff and prevents riders from being dismounted by enemies; Wood harvesting benefit
- Heavy Plate Mode: Applies a slow when attacking with the basic tail whip; Thatch harvesting benefit
- Sharpened Plate Mode: Applies an armor penetration effect when attacking with the tail whip. Also useful for harvesting berries
Impaling Tail Whip
- Able to impale and immobilize players and smaller creatures
Next year, Ark: Survival Evolved will also receive its Genesis Part 2 expansion.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on . We may also include links to affiliate stores, which gives us a small commission if you purchase anything via them. Thank you.