Borderlands 3's March 13 update goes live today, a look at its patch notes revealing the addition of PC crossplay between Steam and the Epic Games Launcher.
Borderlands 3's March 13 update launches at the same time as the first-person shooter sheds its Epic Games Store exclusivity by launching on Steam.
Borderlands 3 March 13 Update Patch Notes
Here are all the changes and additions coming to Borderlands 3 in its March 13 update, as detailed in the full patch notes:
The first time players launch Borderlands 3 after the update through Epic or Steam, they will be asked to choose a Gearbox Software SHiFT Display Name. This name is displayed in-game when playing with other players. You can change your display name at any point in the Account Details tab of the Social Menu.
- Added backend functionality for Gearbox Software SHiFT Matchmaking so players can play with both Epic and Steam users
- Added functionality to use the player’s SHiFT Display Name to find and join friends playing on PC regardless of platform
- Added two new buttons to the Roster Tab of the Social Menu
- “Find SHiFT Friend” allows you to enter the exact SHiFT Display Name you’re looking for to add as a friend or block
- “Manage SHiFT Friends” allows you to view all current SHiFT friends and game invitations
- All friends will have an icon to indicate if they are a friend through Gearbox Software SHiFT or your PC platform (Epic or Steam)
- Added additional pages to the SHiFT tab of the Social Menu
- Redesigned the SHiFT Code and Reward History tabs
- Added a new Account Details tab to allow players to update their SHiFT Display Name (this will also update the player’s display name on forums.gearboxsoftware.com and on the Gearbox Software SHiFT website)
- Network & Social in the Options Menu now includes control options for PC Cross-Play functionality
- Added “Friend Sync” toggle to give players the option to sync friends from Epic and Steam to Gearbox Software SHiFT
- Added “PC Cross-Play” toggle to give players the option to be included in PC Cross-Play matchmaking pools (when toggled to “Off”, players will only be paired with other players on their current PC platform)
Note: Currently, players are still only able to send mail to players on the same platform. This will be changed in a future patch.
- Addressed a reported concern that scrolling functionality was sometimes not available in Vending Machines and item cards were sometimes not staying on the screen
- Added functionality when signing into SHiFT for “Forgot your Password?” to link to a new page
Borderlands 3 is out now on PC (on both the Epic Games Store and Steam as of today), Xbox One, PS4 and Google Stadia.