Civilization 6, first released in 2016 with two expansions already under its belt, has announced the Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 - New Frontier Pass. This pass will be available for purchase on Thursday May 21st for PC, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch, Mac, and Linux, with the Maya & Gran Colombia Pack immediately accessible.
The Maya & Gran Colombia Pack adds the Maya and Gran Colombia civilisations, more City States, Resources, and Natural Wonders. It also includes the new game mode, Apocalypse, which looks to be all about giant comets smashing your world to pieces.
Civilization 6 New Frontier Season Pass brings 6 new DLC packs
Six DLC packs are scheduled for release on a bimonthly basis, and lead game designer at Firaxis Games, Anton Strenger, said in a statement that "by delivering new content on a regularly scheduled basis, we’ll have more opportunities than ever with the New Frontier Pass to connect with our community as we actively develop and deliver content."
- May 2020 - Maya & Gran Colombia Pack - Adds two civilisations with leaders, one new game mode (requires Gathering Storm), more City-States, Resources, and Natural Wonders.
- July 2020 - Ethiopia Pack - One new civilisation and leader, one new game mode (requires Rise and Fall, or Gathering Storm), one new District and two new Buildings.
- September 2020 - Two new civilisations and leaders, one new game mode (requires Rise and Fall, or Gathering Storm), new World Wonders, and one new map.
- November 2020 - One new civilisation and leader, one new game mode, new City-States, numerous Great People.
- January 2021 - One new civilisation and two new leaders (requires Rise and Fall), one new game mode, a new District, and two new Buildings.
- March 2021 - One new civilisation and leader, one new game mode, new World Wonders, and one new map.
The game modes can include additional content in the form of units, builds, or improvements alongside the scenario changes. These modes can be turned on or off during setup and significantly alter the game rules. Each pack will also contain free additions for all players not tied into the Frontier Pass, supposedly focusing on content and Quality of Life improvements.
Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI - New Frontier Pass is available from May 21st onor your respective game store.