Publisher and developer Funcom today announced plans to bring significant changes to Conan Exiles: Isle of Siptah, the first major expansion for its popular survival game.
The decision behind these significant changes which include NPC camps, a bigger map and much more, comes after fans have voiced their concerns surrounding the expansion. At the moment Conan Exiles: Isle of Siptah is sitting at a Mixed rating on Steam with only 47% positive user reviews.
One frequent complaint described Conan Exiles: Isle of Siptah's map as rather empty, at least when compared to the base game's Exiled Lands, pointing at the lack of NPC camps. The developer has now confirmed that NPC camps are coming to the expansion. On top of that, their human inhabitants can be taken as thralls to serve and defend your base.
Isle of Siptah's NPC camps will vary in size and belong to three factions: the Stygian mercenaries looking to recover their lost colonies, the Black Corsair pirates whose goals remain a mystery, and a third faction whose camps are situated closer to the tower, where they work alongside its creatures.
Funcom will also "break the links" between the expansion's vaults, storm, and its surge mechanic. Previously, vaults would reward sigils and eldarium upon completion, which would then be used to kill monsters inside the storm and harvest their essence. Eldarium and essence then played into triggering a surge – the prime source for thralls.
Future updates will rebalance vaults into level 60 dungeons with their own sets of rewards. Players will be able to build inside the storm's area without attracting its creatures which will drop "new and unique rewards." As opposed to vaults, which remain the sole source of eldarium, you'll be able to loot essences from other sources, too.
Surges won't see mechanical changes but will reward Fragment of Power used in opening a new chamber inside the Tower of Siptah for additional rewards.
Funcom will also address the lack of great building spaces by expanding the map. These new southern locations will have plenty of good base building spots alongside two cities belonging to two new races. The developer says that "the overland map size of the island will be over 90% that of the Exiled Lands."
Here's a list of all the planned changes coming to Conan Exiles: The Isle of Siptah in the future, as shared by the developer:
- Introducing many new NPC camps around the map
- Populate the camps with humans who can be captured as thralls
- Expand the island map to the south with new content and desirable building locations
- Tone down the intensity of the storm and make it possible to build within the storm area
- Break the links between the vaults, the storm, and the surge
- Introduce purges with enemies from the island
- Introduce new activities and new PvE mechanics
- Make new and unique placeables for the Isle of Siptah
- Introduce a new religion and new avatar
- Open a chamber in the Tower of Siptah, with great rewards to be found inside
- Allow character transfers between the Exiled Lands and the Isle of Siptah
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .