is finally getting dedicated servers, as part of Update 3.2.0, which has recently been announced for release on the PTB (Public Test Branch).
We've prepared a shortened and summarised version of 3.2.0's PTB patch notes, so be sure to peruse it if you're interested. We'll understand if the mention of dedicated servers alone is enough to make you happy.
Dead By Daylight Update 3.2.0 PTB Patch Notes
- Dedicated Servers are enabled.
- Merged "Survive With Friends" grouping functionality into "Play As Survivor" flow.
- Friends List - See who is online and invite them to play or request to join an existing party, all from within the game.
- In-Game Notifications - Notifications for incoming invites, requests to join, and players joining / leaving your party.
- Survivor Parties now stay together between games - No need to re-invite after each match!
- Increased the amount of perks available in the players Bloodweb, starting at level 40.
- Added a new glow effect to Survivors' health bar when bleeding out, carried and hooked. This is used to indicate that the health bar depletion is paused.
- Optimization of hair materials.
- Reworked the Close Hatch animation
- Added more logging to better help understand and track the issues where players are unable to successfully escape the trial through the exit gates, or perform certain actions.
- Added more logging to better help understand the issue where players would see their friends' in default customization despite having customization items equipped.
- Added a retry mechanism for updating the Rank after a Match is completed. We additionally implemented more analytics to track the "Rank Update Error" message some players are encountering and will keep a close eye on the result of this fix.
- Tentatively fixed an issue that could cause players to become stuck in collisions. Added analytics to detect when this happens.
- Misc UI improvements.
- Misc audio improvements.
This isn't everything - of course - but the full patch notes were a tad too long for us to post here. You can check out the full list on the official forum pages, but the list above should give you a good idea of what's coming.
Update 3.2.0 isn't getting pushed to the regular version of Dead by Daylight just yet. Instead, it's going to stay in the Public Test Branch of the game for the time being. Find out how to access that in our handy PTB guide.
We have no doubt the inclusion of dedicated servers will do nothing but establish Dead by Daylight as one of the best horror games on PC. Here's hoping the release process goes smoothly.