Seasons are Diablo 3's lifeblood, providing players with a clean slate in terms of characters alongside new challenges to tackle and rewards to unlock. With Season 19 slowly moving towards its end – slated for March 1 – players are wondering what the Season 20 start date might be.
Here's everything we know about Diablo 3 Season 20's start date and when we can expect it to end.
Diablo 3 Season 20 Start Date
Diablo 3 Seasons are notorious for not lasting a set amount of time, which makes pinpointing a potential Season 20 start date rather tricky early on.
Thankfully, Blizzard has now confirmed that Diablo 3's Season 20 will begin on Friday, March 13 at 5 PM PDT/5 PM CET. The season is set to last "roughly three months in length".
Diablo 3 Season 20 Theme
Season of the Forbidden Archives's theme makes all slots in Kanai's Cube able to select Legendary powers from weapons, armor or jewelry, without restricting them to their usual categories.
This essentially means that you'll be able to select three armor, weapon or jewelry powers, or any other combination of them across all categories. Multiple instances of the same power cannot, however, be stacked.
Three new sets for the Barbarian, Wizard, and Witch Doctor are also being tested, focusing on empowering the Frenzy, Hydra, and Spirit Barrage skills, respectively.
The Crusader, on the other hand, will seemingly get a small nerf that renders the animation of Heaven's Fury's Fires of Heaven rune unable to be canceled early.
The cosmetic rewards originally available in Season 8 make a return in Diablo 3 Season 20. There will also be new cosmetic rewards to unlock, in the shape of the Teganze Warrior portrait frame and bat pet, the boots and pants slots of the Conqueror set, alongside Burning Hells-themed portrait frames and the wings of Andariel.
Diablo 3 Season 20 Season Journey Rewards
Diablo 3 Season 20 will continue rewarding stash tabs for unlocking its associated Conqueror set items. Here's what its Season Journey tasks you with doing:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII difficulty within 5 minutes.
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55.
- All I Do is Win: Complete 2 Conquests this Season.
- Warm Thoughts: Kill Izual at level 70 in under 15 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty.
- Money Ain’t a Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty. Treasure Goblins outside of Nephalem Rifts will sometimes open portals to Greed’s domain, The Vault.
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift Level 60 Solo. Greater Rift keystones can be obtained from any Nephalem Rift guardian.
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem.
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item.
Diablo 3 Season 20 Seasonal Conquests
Season 20 will also introduce a new set of Seasonal Conquests to Diablo 3. Curses!/Stars Align requires players to start any Cursed Chest event that requires killing monsters and vanquish 350+ monsters at level 70 on Torment X or higher. Divinity/Lionhearted requires players to reach Greater Rift level 75.
Years of War/Dynasty is said to be "a great test for those who enjoy mastering various Class Sets", while Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets will challenge players' understanding of Set Dungeons.
Lastly, Boss Mode/Worlds Apart is a speed-focused gauntlet that tasks players with killing the following 16 bosses at level 70, on Torment X, and in less than twenty minutes:
- The Skeleton King
- The Butcher
- Zoltun Kulle
- Queen Araneae
- Siegebreaker Assault Beast
You can find all the details on Diablo 3's Season 20 and patch 2.6.8 in this post on Blizzard's website.