Doom Eternal allows players to customize the Doom Slayer in a few different ways, with Runes returning to enhance your powers as you go through the campaign.
Here’s everything you need to know about Doom Eternal Runes, how many you can find, equip, and the bonuses they give.
Doom Eternal Runes
Doom Eternal features a total of nine runes each with its own different effect. The Doom Slayer can equip any combination of three Runes at any given time after unlocking the required slots by progressing through the campaign.
As opposed to Doom 2016, obtaining Runes in Doom Eternal doesn’t require completing any trials. This time around, you just need to find them throughout the campaign's levels and interact with them. Better yet, you can unlock them in any order.
Here are all the Doom Eternal Runes alongside the bonuses they provide:
- Savagery - Perform Glory Kills faster.
- Seek and Destroy - Launch into a Glory Kill from much further away.
- Blood Fueled - Gain a speed boost after performing a Glory Kill.
- Air Control - Greatly increases movement control while in the air.
- Dazed and Confused - Increases how long enemies remain in a stagger state.
- Saving Throw - Survive one death blow and briefly slow down time, giving you a chance to recover. This Rune recharges on death.
- Chrono Strike - Hold Mouse 2 in mid-air to temporarily slow down time. Once the Rune is fully drained, you’ll to wait for it to recharge.
- Equipment Fiend - Enemies killed by equipment or while under the influence of equipment will decrease the recharge time.
- Punch and Reave - Enemies killed by a Blood Punch shockwave drop health.
Doom Eternal is out now on PC, Xbox One, PS4 and Google Stadia.