Frontier Developments has now kicked off the Elite: Dangerous Fleet Carriers PC beta, giving players a first chance at trying out the massive ship type.
The Elite: Dangerous Fleet Carriers PC beta takes place in a separate game instance that has the same rates as the live servers. Beta accounts start from the March 26 state of live accounts and any progress made during the PC beta won't carry over.
Elite: Dangerous Fleet Carriers PC Beta
During the Elite: Dangerous Fleet Carriers PC beta, players will have to pay a whopping 5,000,000,000 credits to purchase the base fleet carrier model, which includes Commodity Market and a Tritium Depot. You can purchase them from the following stations:
- Agartha - Enoch Port
- Alcor - Macdonald Settlement
- Balante - Laplace Ring
- CD-47 990 - Jackson Ring
- Colonia - Jaques Station
- Diso - Shifnalport
- Ehlanda - Clark Port
- Kakmbutan - Macgregor Orbital
- Kruger 60 - Kepler Gateway
- Lan Tzak - Jacobi Platform
- Namnetes - Jolliet Enterprise
- Panoi - Garen Hub
- Skeggiko O - Kuo Terminal
Fleet Carriers are individually owned, the owner being able to manage docking permissions. Each player can only own one fleet carrier at any given time.
Elite: Dangerous' Fleet Carriers come with 16 landing pads, of which 8 are large, 4 medium and 4 small. While the ships do not have determined loadouts, players can use the Optional Services to tailor them to their playstyle.
They have a maximum jump range of 500ly and require Tritium for jumps. If you do decide to get one, expect regular maintenance costs.
Here are the steps required to get into the Elite: Dangerous Fleet Carriers PC beta, as detailed by Frontier Developments:
- Open Steam (If you use the Elite Dangerous launcher skip to step 4).
- Open Elite Dangerous in your library.
- Select Elite Dangerous on the Steam Launcher.
- When the Elite Dangerous launcher is loaded, log in to your account if you aren't already logged in.
- On the launcher window you will notice several options; Elite Dangerous: Horizons, Elite Dangerous: Fleet Carriers Update Beta (Horizons), Elite Dangerous etc.
- Select Elite Dangerous: Fleet Carriers Update Beta (Horizons).
- Select launch.
- Start testing and have fun!
A second Fleet Carriers beta is scheduled for May and will include both PC and console players. Elite: Dangerous' Fleet Carriers are currently slated for a June release.