Elite Dangerous Update 2 once more focuses on Fleet Carriers and stability issues that were introduced during that massive patch. There's not much balancing here but plenty of minor nagging bugs look to have been quashed, specifically in regards to the interactions between the carriers and other ships.
Mining again sees a tweak, with players no longer able to respawn deposits by re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter. This combined with Update 1's nerf of mining yields should have the effect of reducing the rapid income generation some players were able to manage.
As usual, we've taken a look at the Elite: Dangerous patch notes and picked out the key points most likely to affect players below:
Elite Dangerous Patch Notes - Fleet Carriers Update 2
- Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
- Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
- Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.
- Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
- Galactic average prices were updated.
- Fixed an Orange Sidewinder connection issue when dropping into an instance with a Starport and Carrier Vendor.
- Fixed a crash when entering the Commodity Market on a Fleet Carrier.
- Fixed a crash when entering Holo-Me customisation at a Fleet Carrier.
You can read the full patch notes on Frontier's Forum and follow more Elite Dangerous News on our game page. The game is available on Steam and is still on sale until July 9th, 2020.
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on Twitter, checking out our videos on YouTube, or giving us a like on Facebook. Thank you.