Empire of Sin gives you a taste of what it's like to be a hardened criminal and rule Chicago from the shadows but, sooner or later, your success will draw the eye of rival criminals or the law. Having a handful of console commands and cheats as your secret weapons can help you push through tougher situations and, since you're already doing many crimes, you don't have to worry too much about the ethics of it all.
Before you can gain an advantage using Empire of Sin console commands and cheats, you'll first need to enable the game's dev mode, which grants you access to its console. For the Steam version of the game, you'll want to head to the Steam folder on the drive where you installed the game, then open the folders along this path: steamapps>common>EmpireOfSin>EmpireOfSinData>StreamingAssets>Settings.
In the Settings folder, you'll spot the DefaultPlatformSettings_PC.json file alongside others targeting the different platforms which can run the game. Open it using Notepad, then change the blue text next to the "developerMode" line from "false" to "true" without including quotes. Save the file and you can now access Empire of Sin's console commands and cheats.
Start the game and, in the main menu, you should see a new option named [Dev] QA Perf Test, which confirms that you've enabled the game's developer mode. Ignore it, load a save file, and press the tilde key (`) to bring up the console. Below, you'll find a list of handy Empire of Sin console commands and cheats that should make your life of crime a tad easier.
- Dev.toggleGodMode() - Toggles god mode
- Dev.toggleFogOfWar() - Togglees fog of war
- Dev.togglePlayerAlwaysHits() - Makes you always hit targets
- Dev.addCash(amount) - Grants you specified amount of cash
- Dev.giveAllWeapons() - Grants all weapons
- Dev.giveAllAbilities() - Grants all abilities
- Dev.addWhiskey(amount) - Grants you specified amount of whiskey
- Dev.addSwill(amount) - Grants you specified amount of swill
- Dev.addPoison(amount) - Grants you specified amount of poison
- Dev.giveMaxNotoriety(faction) - Grants specified faction the maximum amount of notoriety
- Dev.revealAllSafehouses() - Reveals all safehouses
- Dev.makeAllRivalsKnownToPlayer() - Reveals all rivals
Keep updated on the latest PC Gaming news by following GameWatcher on, checking out our videos on , giving us a like on , and joining us on .